Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Hey I need YOUR help!!!! >

Hey I need YOUR help!!!!

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Hey I need YOUR help!!!!

Old 10-23-2013, 02:49 PM
Spike

Default Hey I need YOUR help!!!!

We are in the process of developing a digital target. The idea of the target is to be a reliable, reusable and very accurate way of seeing where you hit immediately after firing. This new technology will eliminate the hassle of putting down your firearm and using a spotting scope to see your hit. Also it will make it much easier to see the long range shots.

Please fill out the survey below to help gather some data and get the ball rolling in our new design. Thank you for your time.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1X36...Qc3to/viewform

Last edited by mackearneybt; 10-23-2013 at 06:03 PM. Reason: more descriptive on what it is all about
Old 10-24-2013, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

What does your target system cost?

Because it's REALLY easy to use a video baby monitor sitting in front of a target to see your hits on long range targets. You can buy one for about $200. Motorola sells one that even sends video to an iphone app, think it's $250 though.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:03 AM
Typical Buck

Call me an old fuddy dud.

A baby monitor? What's that?

I thought I was high tech when I started using a spotting scope. Prior to that the walk to the target and back was about enough time to let the barrel cool off between groups.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bullcamp82834
Call me an old fuddy dud.

A baby monitor? What's that?
Video baby monitors: little one way video and audio relay. So you hang this little video camera over the baby's crib, and you can hear and see what they're doing. It's the upgrade to what they used to have that was basically a one way open mic walkie-talkie. The one we use for our baby has infrared LED's and camera mode, so we can see him even in pitch black. Cheaper than a nice spotting scope, and easier to use (less eye fatigue at least). The Motorola one that uses an smart phone based app instead of a handheld screen has as long of range as you can imagine. The normal versions only go a few hundred yards with a clear line of sight.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:13 PM
Spike

see the idea behind this is so that its all in one for an affordable cost(looking at between 250-500 max) Yes the baby monitor does work but we are looking at developing our own app that will communicate with the target so that immediately after the target is hit it will tell you exactly where you hit, its just an convenient little idea we came up with that would be handy at distances that scopes and spotting scopes aren't as reliable.

Last edited by mackearneybt; 10-24-2013 at 12:16 PM.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:58 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks Nomercy,

I guess you learn something new every day if you pay attention.
Old 10-26-2013, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Call me an old fuddy dud...
A "long range" shot for me is 200 yards. At that distance even a .17hmr shows up just fine with my spotting scope. And when I am using the .50 and .54 cal muzzle loaders those holes show up really well!

I understand the idea of your system and when matched with a chronometer I can see the appeal it would have for some.

Good luck with your idea. I hope to see your target at a gun shop someday. It sounds interesting.

Peace.
Old 10-26-2013, 12:00 PM
Typical Buck

Cool idea, would have to know more details about it before I could say whether I'd actually use or buy one. I can see how it would make range time more productive, though.