Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Shooting 40 S&W ammo in a 10mm. >

Shooting 40 S&W ammo in a 10mm.

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Shooting 40 S&W ammo in a 10mm.

Old 06-24-2013, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Shooting 40 S&W ammo in a 10mm.

Was just BS'ing with one of my work partners and the subjsect came up of shooting various calibers in certain weapons, such as 38 Spec in a 357 Mag, 454 Casull in a 460 S&W, etc... I then said that I was waiting for my 10mm to show up and the subject was brought up being that it is a 40 cal on steroids if it is possible to shoot 40 cal ammo in a 10mm? I said that I had never heard of it and am not quiet sure if I would want to expose either of my weapons to such an experiment. Now I am just wondering if anyone else has either heard or tried such and what was the result. I know that the 40 cal is a supported round and expands on the web. Thanks.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:28 PM
Fork Horn

If it is a S&W 610 you can.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:40 PM
Super Moderator

That would be a good way to be DEAD.

Don't do it.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

The other calibers you mentioned use a rimmed case that headspaces on the rim. The 10mm and the .40 headspace on the case mouth, they are different lengths so the answer is no.
Old 06-29-2013, 05:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jrbsr
That would be a good way to be DEAD.

Don't do it.
Understood. I was in no way intending to do such, but was in a state of wondering about it for the way the conversation was and then thought of the interchangeability of the other rounds mentioned came about. Was more curious than considering. And with the wealth of knowledge in these forum pages, I figured I would be able to get the answer I was after. Thanks.