Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Some .22 LR ammo is available >

Some .22 LR ammo is available

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Some .22 LR ammo is available

Old 02-21-2013, 07:02 PM
Fork Horn

@ PAWILDMAN,
I actually read it in an AP news article. However, I didn't catch the part where it stated that they were storing it around the country. In the article I read the DHS stated that it was purchasing the ammo in order to use it for training its officers and agents. All I know is that most of the ammo manufacturers out there cannot keep up with that kind of demand and still get ammo out to the consumers like you and I. Also, I talked to a local ammo dealer who said that he has been hit hard in the past few years due to the raise in taxes on lead. He also sold reloading supplies and stated that it was getting almost impossible to obtain lead for loads. Now I'm no conspiracy theorist so I just attribute it to increase in taxes due to the economy and the government actually needing so many rounds for training. But sometimes you cannot helo but to think about it.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:18 PM
Typical Buck

The articles about DHS buying ammo date to last summer and refer to their regular contract/bids for ammo that are set back out to bid every couple of years....