Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Where has all the .22LR ammo gone? >

Where has all the .22LR ammo gone?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Where has all the .22LR ammo gone?

Old 08-25-2013, 07:19 AM
Spike

Thumbs down Why there is no ammo

I work in sporting goods selling ammo. The reason we don't have any is not because of some shortage or anything like that. It is because there are these people and a lot of them who are rude people that I hate who think "They are going to stop making 22 ammo and there is a shortage" BUT THEY ARE WRONG and buy all the ammo we get as soon as we get it. THESE PEOPLE ARE HOARDING IT. TELL ANY IDIOT YOU KNOW DOING THIS TO JUST STOP BUYING THE AMMO. Spread the word that this is not true and yell at people you catch doing this. The people who sell the ammo to the customers can't tell them how they really feel about it so please do it for them. You have no idea how much I hate the 10 people who are there everyday buying 3 boxes and bringing 5 other people with them to get 3 boxes each more for them. And the whole time yelling at me because we dont have an unlimited supply for them. And they are all hoarding or re selling it. If you see someone at a walmart doing this just punch them in the nose for me will ya. (not really just bitch them out for what they are doing anyway) These people have at least 20 boxes of 1000 rounds of 22 shells to sell and to hoard. DO SOMETHING ABOUT THESE PEOPLE PLEASE
Old 08-25-2013, 02:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

The government is telling "us" how much ammo "we" can have.

.............and now "we" have stores telling "us" how much ammo "we" can have.

What is this world (ok - the USA) coming too ?!?!

Last edited by Sheridan; 08-25-2013 at 06:47 PM.
Old 08-25-2013, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Myself, i am pleased to report that on the counter of our local gun shop were boxes of 22lr for sale this past Friday. Three 100 round boxes came home with me. It was the first i saw 22lr for sale since the new year.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

The people who sell the ammo to the customers can't tell them how they really feel about it so please do it for them. You have no idea how much I hate the 10 people who are there everyday buying 3 boxes and bringing 5 other people with them to get 3 boxes each more for them.
Exactly.

This run on ammo is being driven by the conspiracy theorists, the gunshow promoters, online ammo retailers and yes; sometimes, your LGS.

Yep, there's oodles of .22 ammo out there. It's in the hands of the scalpers and scam artists, like this guy:

http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/chea...649_14654.html

[/quote]

Last edited by falcon; 08-25-2013 at 06:20 PM.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

This run on ammo is being driven by the conspiracy theorists, the gunshow promoters, online ammo retailers and yes; sometimes, your LGS.

Yep, there's oodles of .22 ammo out there. It's in the hands of the scalpers and scam artists, like this guy:
This. A 1000 times this. Want to see where all the ammo is? Go do a search on Gunbroker.com for ammo. Last time I checked there were about 7000 current ammo auctions each for a 100, 500 or even 1000 rounds of ammo. Do the math on that. And I have seen as many as 13,000 ammo auctions in progress.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:31 AM
Typical Buck

Looks like at least one facet of Obama's multi pronged attack on gun owners has worked like a charm.

What a pity.
Old 08-26-2013, 03:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by falcon
Wow. $15.95 for a box of plain-old Remington "Thunderbolts"?

Meh, I'll let him keep them. I'll just have to be a better shot with what I still have until this blows over, I suppose?
Old 08-26-2013, 05:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bullcamp82834
Looks like at least one facet of Obama's multi pronged attack on gun owners has worked like a charm.

What a pity.
There are a lot of things to criticize Obama about but this is a self inflicted wound. Dumb @$$es need to stop paying these gouge prices until the hording scalpers out there stop buying all the ammo off the shelves with the intent of reselling it at 4 or 5 times the price.

If they all of a sudden found themselves sitting on 10,000 rounds of ammo that no one would bid on I bet they would slack off a bit on their daily sweep and clear of local store shelves.

Last edited by Todd1700; 08-27-2013 at 12:27 AM.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dumb @$$es need to stop paying these gouge prices until the hording scalpers out there stop buying all the ammo off the shelves with the intent of reselling it at 4 or 5 times the price.

If they all of a sudden found themselves sitting on 10,000 rounds of ammo that no one would bid on I bet they would slack off a bit on their daily sweep and clear of local store shelves.
+1 This is why I refuse to buy from 2nd hand sellers.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

The Lawton, OK Wal-Mart on Quanah Parker has Remington .22 in 225 round packages for $10 and change.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.