Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Caliber for women >

Caliber for women

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Caliber for women

Old 03-02-2013, 04:34 PM
Spike

My wife carries a 38 special most of the time but also owns and likes her 380 and SW Governor.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:51 PM
Spike

I might be a little late but i wanted to give you a womans perspective.

First I am 116 lbs, I have very weak wrists and small hands and I shoot the Taurus Millenium Pro 9mm. its a 12+1, has a Loaded Chamber Indicator, is slim enough for me to use with one hand (ejecting clip, turning safety on & off etc). Because it does hold 12+1 it adds just enough weight so that there is hardly any recoil. Its a very smooth action gun and I love it.

Hope that helps. Also if you have an Academy anywhere around you they tend to have them on sall efor $299 - not too bad.

Good luck finding ammo though
Old 03-06-2013, 03:54 PM
Spike

ok I guess i missed the concealed carry part too...for CC I like the Ruger LC9; 7+1, super light, and easy to operate. I have a .38 special too but id take a take my 9mm's over a revolver anyday. just my opinion though