Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Way to go Olympic Arms!!!! >

Way to go Olympic Arms!!!!

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Way to go Olympic Arms!!!!

Old 02-12-2013, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Way to go Olympic Arms!!!!

Here is something I just got off of Facebook. I am proud of Olympic Arms and feel all gun manufactors should follow. Makes me feel good about buying one of my 1911's from Olympic Arms!

Press Release: Olympic Arms, Inc. Announces New York State Sales Policy

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Olympic Arms is a staunch believer in and defender of the Constitution of the United States, and with special attention paid to the Bill of Rights that succinctly enumerates the security of our Divinely given Rights. One of those Rights is that to Keep and Bear Arms.

Legislation recently passed in the State of New York outlaws the AR15 and many other firearms, and will make it illegal for the good and free citizens of New York to own a large selection of legal and safe firearms and magazines. We feel as though the passage of this legislation exceeds the authority granted to the government of New York by its citizens, and violates the Constitution of the United States, ignoring such SCOTUS rulings as District of Columbia v. Heller - 554, U.S. 570 of 2008, McDonald v. Chicago - 561 U.S. 3025 of 2010, and specifically the case of United States v. Miller – 307 U.S. 174 of 1939.

Due the passing of this legislation, Olympic Arms would like to announce that the State of New York, any Law Enforcement Departments, Law Enforcement Officers, First Responders within the State of New York, or any New York State government entity or employee of such an entity - will no longer be served as customers.

In short, Olympic Arms will no longer be doing business with the State of New York or any governmental entity or employee of such governmental entity within the State of New York - henceforth and until such legislation is repealed, and an apology made to the good people of the State of New York and the American people.

If the leaders of the State of New York are willing to limit the right of the free and law abiding citizens of New York to arm themselves as they see fit under the Rights enumerate to all citizens of the United State through the Second Amendment, we feel as though the legislators and government entities within the State of New York should have to abide by the same restrictions.

This action has caused a division of the people into classes: Those the government deems valuable enough to protect with modern firearms, and those whose lives have been deemed as having less value, and whom the government has decided do not deserve the right to protect themselves with the same firearms. Olympic Arms will not support such behavior or policy against any citizen of this great nation.

Olympic Arms invites all firearms manufacturers, distributors and firearms dealers to join us in this action to refuse to do business with the State of New York. We must stand together, or we shall surely fall divided.

Sincerely,

Brian Schuetz
President
Old 02-12-2013, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

We can only hope that other AR manufacturers follow suit!

Unfortunately, my expectation is that there are many firearms manufacturers that WOULD follow this path, some that will, and mostly that this group consists of predominantly "AR manufacturers", like DPMS, Bushy, Oly, etc. HOWEVER, there's a broad class of firearms manufacturers that I expect will whimp out for the fact that AR's aren't as much of their product revenue share as these "AR manufacturers", but that enjoy getting gov't contracts for their weapons. Being the last guy left to do business with NY might look pretty appealing to, for example, Remington, that undoubtedly supplies bolt guns to the state of NY, this would give them a leg up on the AR supply as well (saying this knowing full-well that Bushy, remington, and DPMS would all make the same move together under Remington's ultimate direction).

Frankly, it's a GD crime that the bill's have passed in NY, it's honestly appalling. I do hope that the voting public of NY can turn the tide, but the huddled masses in NYC will always dictate the policy of the entire state, so I don't expect that change to happen any time soon.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:47 PM
Typical Buck

Yeah I am glad to say I am the proud owner some Oly iron...know some of their peeps and went to college just down the street from them...
Old 02-12-2013, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's awesome! Good for Olympic Arms.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:33 PM
Spike

i read on facebook yesturday that LaRue Tactical did almost the same thing...

NEWS RELEASE:
02/08/2012 LEANDER, TX.

Updated Policy for State and Local Agency Law Enforcement Sales:

Due to the recent and numerous new Anti-gun/Anti-2nd Amendment laws passed and/or pending across our country, LaRue Tactical has been forced to reconsider how we provide products to state and local agencies.

Effective today, in an effort to see that no legal mistakes are made by LaRue Tactical and/or its employees, we will apply all current State and Local Laws (as applied to civilians) to state and local law enforcement / government agencies. In other words, LaRue Tactical will limit all sales to what law-abiding citizens residing in their districts can purchase or possess.

State and local laws have always been a serious focus of this firm, and we are now dovetailing that focus with the constitutional rights of the residents covered in their different areas by the old and new regulations.

We realize this effort will have an impact on this firm's sales - and have decided the lost sales are less danger to this firm than potential lawsuits from erroneous shipments generated by something as simple as human error.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

Mark LaRue

* * This policy does not apply to Military / Federal Agencies * *
Old 02-12-2013, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Rob in VT
That's awesome! Good for Olympic Arms.
Ditto!

I sure hope that not only manufacturers stand up, but also the people. That crap in NY is total BS. A bunch of crooks in office, that is for sure. From the top down.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Another post by Olympic Arms.

Olympic Arms was recently asked to advertise in the FOP Journal; the official magazine of the Fraternal Order of Police. It is well known that the FOP is a staunch supporter of Gun Control, had backed the AWB under Bill Clinton, and supports the current AWB under consideration that was introduced by Diane Feinstein. The FOP was actually accredited as being one of the sources that helped prepare the language of Gun Control suggestions that were forwarded by Vice President Biden. Below is a copy of our response to the FOP Journal:

Please forward this email to every major principal in your organization.

AS:

1. The Fraternal Order of Police is on Congressional Record as having been a major supporter of the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban.
a. Congressional Record, V. 150, Pt. 13, July 22, 2004 to September 14 2004 - Google Books
2. As a matter of fact and record, the FOP is accredited with assisting VP Biden in formulating the language of the newly proposed ban:
a. Biden: 'No reason' assault weapons ban shouldn't clear Congress - POLITICO.com
3. Additionally, as a matter of fact and public record, the FOP is in support of the newly recommended Assault Weapons Ban introduced by Senator Feinstein.
a. FOP representatives were actually standing on the Stage during the presentation as a sign of "support".

THEREFORE:
Olympic Arms, Inc, manufacturers of AR15 type firearms, firearms that these legislators would call "Assault Weapons", will not be supporting in any way, shape, form or fashion, The Fraternal Order of Police, any organization that represents, supports, takes advertising dollars from, spends advertising dollars with, is in anyway related to, any individual who is a card carrying member of, or any person or entity in any way associated with the Fraternal Order of Police. Period.

Henceforth;
• Be assured that Olympic Arms will not rest in its efforts to educate our customers, fans and followers the extent of the hypocrisy committed by the FOP and FOP Journal (fighting to outlaw the firearms produced by the very companies they now solicit for advertising dollars…). You can also be certain that we continue to make every effort to properly educate the firearms consumer in general, of the same.
• Additionally, we will make continued efforts at assure that ALL firearms manufacturers are aware of the FOP's support to strip Constitutional Rights from Americans, and their support of further unconstitutional gun control legislation.
• We pledge to inform all of our customers the lengths that the FOP and associated FOP affiliates by proxy (which includes all your advertisers)are willing to go to in order to strip the American Citizen of their Constitutional Rights, while at the same time writing in exemptions to the same legislation to ensure that their members maintain those same rights they would have stripped from others.
• Your actions are the actions of a rogue organization supporting tyranny, not an organization sworn to uphold the laws of the land, to protect, serve and defend their constituencies.

Let it be know, that your actions are reprehensible and shameful.

VP Biden Says He Needs Cops’ Help to Reinstate ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban and Much More - ABC News
http://www.guncite.com/aswpolice.html

Sincerely,

Thomas A. Spithaler
Sales & Marketing Dir.
Olympic Arms, Inc.

I guess I will be buying another Olympic Arms firearm. A guy has to support a company that has BALLS and is not afraid to show them!!!! Go Oly!!!!!!
Old 02-17-2013, 11:35 AM
Fork Horn

Never thought I'd see the day I agreed with Fritz
Old 02-18-2013, 06:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by streetglideok
Never thought I'd see the day I agreed with Fritz
Oh, come now. LOL Just cause I like to get people fired up doesnt mean that I am a bad guy!
Old 02-20-2013, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

No big surprise, Barrett steps up to the plate. Way to go guys!!!!

A STATEMENT FROM RONNIE BARRETT:

Barrett’s Position Regarding the Assault on Liberty
February 20, 2012

Barrett opposes those who are illegally disarming the American public from their efficient arms and creating superior armed elitist government agencies.

Elected state officials of New York, having been sworn to protect our Constitution, have instead committed an offense against it and their citizens by stripping inalienable rights duly protected and guaranteed under the Second Amendment. By their deliberate and sinister actions, these officials now cause their state and local policing agencies to enforce these unconstitutional and illegal so called “laws”.

By current law, Barrett cannot be an accomplice with any lawbreaker, therefore, cannot and will not service or sell to New York government agencies. Barrett also applies this stance to the individual elected official who, as a matter of public record, has voted for or created regulation that violates the constitutional rights of their citizens. This is an expansion of our 2002 ban against the California government due to their second amendment infringements, and shall apply to any future violators.

In the course of world history there have been officials that strip inalienable rights from the people that were given to all by our Creator. Most of these officials inevitably come to trial, some do not.

Intentionally violating constitutional rights by officials that have sworn to uphold them should have severe prison sentences.

With the clear vision of horrible events in history repeating itself, all manufacturers of firearms or related equipment remaining in partnership with such violators should have a respectable fear of being found with the guilty on their day of trial.

During this era of assault on liberty, Barrett will remain steadfast in our efforts to serve law-abiding citizens of all fifty states, and stands together with you in the struggles we will fight and win.

Ronnie Barrett
Chairman and CEO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.