Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Looking for wooden stock /w open sights >

Looking for wooden stock /w open sights

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Looking for wooden stock /w open sights

Old 11-16-2012, 11:19 AM
Spike

Default Looking for wooden stock /w open sights

My cousin is in the market for a good .270 with a wood stock and open sights. (That won't break the bank) We're finding this combination pretty hard to find. He may settle for synthetic stock if he has to but the open sights is a must. Which makers has this combination nowadays?
Old 11-17-2012, 06:34 AM
Spike

I think the reason this combination may be hard to find is that the .270 is a long range cartridge, capable of way more than iron sight shooting. Part of the reason for wanting a .270 is to put a scope on it and shoot 250 yards.

Probably need to look at a 30-30.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by aafadca
My cousin is in the market for a good .270 with a wood stock and open sights. (That won't break the bank) We're finding this combination pretty hard to find. He may settle for synthetic stock if he has to but the open sights is a must. Which makers has this combination nowadays?
You should probably define "break the bank" but the the only one I can think of off the top of my head is the Remington 700 BDL. Why limit the capabilities of the 270 and not scope it?