Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
remington r-15 >

remington r-15

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

remington r-15

Old 09-23-2012, 05:22 AM
Typical Buck

Default remington r-15

I am thinking of getting an AR style rifle primarily for coyote hunting but not sure what to buy. Price is definatley a facter. I am cosidering the remington r-15 and was wandereing what other opinions of this rifle or any other suggestions other members may have. Also will regular AR magazines will fit in this rifle?
Old 09-23-2012, 01:25 PM
Spike

i built my AR piece by piece and got a rifle that is similar to the R15 but quite a bit cheaper and i got exactly what i wanted.
Old 09-23-2012, 02:32 PM
Fork Horn

build your own there are plenty of options out there and like catfish said you can get exactly what you want.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:25 AM
Spike

There are better options out there than the R-15. A friend of mine got one and it is nice, but the trigger was crap. Much worse than most AR's on the market. On top of the price he paid, he is now investing in a quality trigger group. I like the build your own option. You can customize it to you and your needs from the beginning.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:34 AM
Typical Buck

Palmetto State Armory has some great prices on ar's and components. Uppers, Lowers, parts sets. You can get an upper w/o bolt and cocking handle for under $300.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you like the R-15 just go ahead and buy the Bushmaster Varmiter, it has a match grade trigger and barrel, and it is scary accurate.