Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
problem or not? >

problem or not?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

problem or not?

Old 05-17-2012, 05:22 PM
Fork Horn

Default problem or not?

i have a pardner pump, it has been flawless thru several hundred rounds. i was cleaning it today and afterward was loading my buckshot in it, my wife had fell asleep on the couch so as not to wake her up i carefully pressed the release brought the slide back and eased the slide forward slowly. then as the buckshot started to enter the chamber the slide stuck slightly, i tried to ease it forward but no i then pushed the slide up with normal force and it loaded just fine. i then unloaded it and reloaded using a normal motion, no problem at all loaded smoothly. should the gun be able to load slow and easy?, i guess i'm asking do i have a problem or not? thanks
Old 05-17-2012, 07:46 PM
Dominant Buck

When I work a pump gun, whether it is my .22 or my 20 gauge... when I work the slide I am never easy on it. Now granted mine will pull the shell out, but I too have found that when locking the bolt forward.. slam that thing home.
Old 05-17-2012, 11:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

no problem
Old 05-18-2012, 10:28 AM
Fork Horn

not a problem
Old 05-18-2012, 12:40 PM
Typical Buck

No problem...slam it home to ensure a solid lock up