Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
outdoor rifle range >

outdoor rifle range

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

outdoor rifle range

Old 05-09-2012, 01:28 PM
Spike

Default outdoor rifle range

i am looking for a good outdoor rifle range withing an hour or two of chicago land area. the one i knew about was shut down to some bull**** claims. if anyone has suggestions please let me know. thank you.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck. That's a very gun unfriendly area to be sure.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

bristol, wis
Old 05-11-2012, 08:17 PM
Fork Horn

The DNR range just north of Winamac, Indiana. No cost, very well maintained, a 25 yard for handguns, 5 station 50 yard, one station 200 yard and 5 station 100 yard---open every day but Monday--hours are 8am to 7:00 pm all summer---a couple of miles west of highway 35---about a two hour drive from the Chicago area, but well worth the effort---we have several people that drive to this range from out of state--- if this sounds like what you are looking for I'll post exact directions--- John
Old 05-11-2012, 08:23 PM
Fork Horn

Forgot to mention, this range is not a controlled range---common courtesy and common sense prevail---
Old 05-12-2012, 09:00 AM
Spike

thanks for the info john. sounds like it would be an interesting place. do they have a website? and i would appreciate exact directions.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:48 AM
Fork Horn

check out wheretoshoot.org
Old 05-13-2012, 04:16 AM
Fork Horn

I'm heading out there this afternoon and will pay attention to what side road it's on and how many miles from the turn off at hwy 35---it's very easy to get to and I'll have exact directions--
from your area, it would be east on I-30 to the Knox turn off, then south on Hwy 35, thru Knox and on south almost to the Tippicanoe state park---I'll post the side road number later today---it's the best range I've ever seen---John
Old 05-13-2012, 04:45 PM
Fork Horn

ndr, just didn't get out there today, but it's easy to find---south on hwy 35, almost to the state park, turn rt on 500, probabely three miles or so, just a short ways past the DNR station is a crossroad, gravel, small country graveyard on the left, turn right and the range will be on your right---skeet range first and then the rifle range---see you there---I'm the old guy with silver hair and beard, shooting the fancy Remington----