Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
A noticed trend >

A noticed trend

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

A noticed trend

Old 05-12-2012, 02:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Colorado Luckydog
Magnum shooters suck.

If you don't hunt like me, you suck.

I shot a big deer so everything I say is right.

This is some stupid chit!

Seriously CLD - what's up with you? You say you don't care what weapon other people choose to hunt with, but you'll sure go to bat every time someone's not championing the .300 Ultra Mag the way you do.

Then you post stuff like this? It sure seems like you're prone to misconstruing the comments of others (yes, putting words in their mouths) to the point that you jump to the conclusions that you have here. Can it be possible to simply accept that not everyone wants to be like you? Or maybe that it's just okay to disagree and then let it go at that?
Old 05-12-2012, 05:09 AM
Banned

Guys. Guys, Guys! We're all gun lovers here. Let’s stay united in our cause against the tyranny that would like to take them away! Too many times on here we get too involved with our own little soap box and soon forget the bigger picture. We are united, right?
Back to original subject . . . my personal feeling is that the gun manufacturers created some of these rounds simply as a means to sustain their own existence.
.300 WM, intro'd in '63 . . .7mm Mag, into'd in '62, ,338 Mag, intro'd in '58 . . . Relatively recent developments. The horse didn't ask for a new cart, but we get them all the time. Nowadays it's the "Ultra this and that. IT'S SO WE WILL BUY NEW GUNS!
Nothing like a "My mag's bigger than your mag!" conversation over a beer at the bar, right? I personally got rid of my big three mags and now shoot the tried and true .308. I have several deer and three elk in the freezer too!
Bottom line . . . they all work well in the hands of a skilled shooter.
The best gun made is the one you are the most confident in.
Old 05-12-2012, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by homers brother
Seriously CLD - what's up with you? You say you don't care what weapon other people choose to hunt with, but you'll sure go to bat every time someone's not championing the .300 Ultra Mag the way you do.
This is where you are full of crap. I wouldn't recommend a 300 ultra mag to just anyone. If someone asked what I thought the best elk hunting rifle was, I'd answer 300 ultra mag.

If a new guy was looking for guidence, I'd recommend a 30.06. I have killed most of my elk with a 30.06.

I have buddies that use a .270 and use it very well.

I have buddies whose wives and kids use a .243. They kill an elk every year.

I have no problem with standard calibers. I use them myself.

You guys have a problem with magnum hunters. I don't know why, you just do. I'm really glad you do because these kind of stupid threads are very entertaining and you can count on reading them a few times a year. LMFAO!

Last edited by Colorado Luckydog; 05-12-2012 at 07:24 PM.
Old 05-13-2012, 04:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

If someone asked what I thought the best elk hunting rifle was, I'd answer 300 ultra mag.

If a new guy was looking for guidence, I'd recommend a 30.06. I have killed most of my elk with a 30.06.
"Full of crap" - Whatever. I'd rather be consistenly "full of crap" than I would "perpetually confused" as you've so clearly illustrated above. I'm sure most of us would recognize that there's a very clear distinction between "asking what" and "looking for guidance", particularly since you'd give two different answers depending on that context - whatever it is (all sarcasm intended). I really don't think you're in a place anymore to say that anyone else is "full of crap."

Funny thing is, the rifle you'd recommend if someone is "looking for guidance is the same one I'd recommend." Only, you make the further distrinction that if it's elk you're after, it's a .300 RUM. So, what basis do you have for recommending the .30-06 then?

I really could care less about your .300 RUM, or the .300 RUM in anyone else's hands. Make that the same for a .30-06, or a .270, or a 7mm RM, or a .243. The rifle doesn't make the hunter. Whether you have just one rifle, or whether you have a safe spilling over with calibers you want but don't "need" as many of us do, the expectation should be the same - if you plan to use it for hunting, you'd better be proficient with it. Beyond that, who cares what someone else carries into the woods?

Pal, get your head screwed on. At least read what you type before you hit [submit reply]. You don't even make sense. You have a problem with anyone who doesn't see things the way you do. You can try to doubletalk your way out of it, but it's pretty clear - and the more you rant, the more irrational you get. I'm finished with this. Have a nice day.
Old 05-13-2012, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Okay Homer, I'll try and type this real slow so maybe you will get it.

If someone is new to shooting or hunting, I would never recommend a 300 ultra mag. I would recommend that they check into a 30.06. Even for elk.

If someone was a savy experienced hunter and shooter and he asked me what I thought the best elk rifle was, I'd tell him I prefer a 300 ultra mag.

If someone asked me the old "if you could only have one rifle, what would it be?" question, I'd say a 30.06.

I'm not against standard calibers at all and I think it's freaking funny as hell how you guys hate magnum hunters. Cracks me the @#$% up!! LMFAO!!
Old 05-13-2012, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by homers brother
I'd rather be consistenly "full of crap"
If that's a goal you set for yourself, you have reached it magnificently.

Last edited by Colorado Luckydog; 05-13-2012 at 07:01 PM.
Old 05-13-2012, 06:25 PM
Fork Horn

I see the trend of big magnums over in my area. Lots of mags on the used rack. The trend is smaller calibers. I remember 30 yrs ago an older guy used a .243 Win. I thought he was nuts. Now they are everywhere. Even .223 is getting lots of use.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:55 PM
Typical Buck

Well, with the hunting community gradually becoming older and older in Wisconsin, the magnums and heavier standard cartridges are getting less use.

Let's face it, shooting a .243 is far easier on the body than a 30-06 or any of the magnums.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

If that's a goal you set for yourself, you have reached it magnificently.
Even isolated the context. Tried to talk your way out of the corner you backed yourself into in the post just prior. Killed most of your elk with a .30-06, but you'll recommend a .300 RUM instead. PERPETUAL....PREDICTABLE.

I have no more time for you, CLD. I won't waste any more electrons responding to your self-serving drivel. Always have LMAO over your signature lines, what a window they are into your wounded psyche....

Last edited by homers brother; 05-14-2012 at 03:08 AM.
Old 05-14-2012, 04:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

[quote=homers brother;3937342]Tried to talk your way out of the corner you backed yourself into in the post just prior. /quote]

I backed my way into a corner? That's some funny stuff.

Homer, I'm sorry I couldn't type the words slow enough for you to understand them. It's like you can read but not understand. I don't get it. Anyway, PLEASE, keep posting. The entertainment value of your post is through the roof.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.