Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Tennessee hunters, I need advice >

Tennessee hunters, I need advice

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Tennessee hunters, I need advice

Old 08-28-2003, 08:33 PM

Default Tennessee hunters, I need advice

Hey,
I need a little help here. I am hopefully going to start coyote hunting in a few weeks. I have a Mossberg 500AT 12 gauge shotgun with a fixed full choke. Can I shoot rifled slugs out of it at coyotes in Tennessee ? I live in Dyersburg. I don' t know if I can hunt coyotes with slugs. What kind of buckshot should I use? The only other guns that I have besides another shotgun is a .22 lr rifle. I am trying to save up to buy a rifle, but that will take a long while. I really need some answers A.S.A.P. If you could also give some tips to a beginner coyote hunter I will be grateful. Thank you for any anwers you might have.
Old 09-01-2003, 11:16 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Tennessee hunters, I need advice

jeff ,
if you want to know the legalities of certain firearms and ammunition types as used in hunting certain game , you should contact your game commission for that info , or which ever body your state has to control the hunting and trapping regulations in your state