Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
New gun prices... >

New gun prices...

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

New gun prices...

Old 03-10-2012, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default New gun prices...

Yowza!

I priced a new Rem 700 mountain LSS yesterday...$950 (plus tax)

Looking at getting my son a new deer rifle, was thinking of a 7mm-08. Not sure I can drop that kind of coin on one now.

I almost bought one of these about 6-7 yrs ago....it was almost half what they are now, wish I would have.

Any suggestions on something cheaper, but in line with a mountain lss? (or are they all real expensive now?) I honestly haven't kept up with cf rifles in a while.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:26 AM
Fork Horn

Tikka, Weather Vanguard 2, Savage, Browning XBolt. All of them would be cheaper and just as accurate if not more than the 700.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Any of those make something compatible with a mountain rifle (size, weight, etc)?

Obviously if I option down to a non laminates stainless gun, the price goes down...but if it won't break the bank, that is what I really would like to get. The size, fit, and style of the mountain rifle is what I like most.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:32 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by WV Hunter
Any of those make something compatible with a mountain rifle (size, weight, etc)?

Obviously if I option down to a non laminates stainless gun, the price goes down...but if it won't break the bank, that is what I really would like to get. The size, fit, and style of the mountain rifle is what I like most.
True, those where just option. Two me just stick with what you like because the mountain rifle is a very good gun. As for me I like Sako and Weatherby because they fit me the best.
And yes prices have went through the roof.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:58 AM
Fork Horn

After checking the internet the only rifle out there to me that is 100% compatible with the Rem 700 LSS, that would not be a step down would be a Sako 85 grey wolf and there you are going to pay more.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:23 AM
Fork Horn

There is one more option the Ruger M77 Hawkeye sporter but there you cannot get the 7mm 08.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
suck it up and spend the money, we won't tell your mrs if you don't tell ours, mine finds out how much I spend on rifles and I'll be featured on divorce court.
RR
LOL I hear ya...

I know, its just painful that's all. I know the gun will last a lifetime, just having a hard time dropping that much on it. Honestly, I had no idea they had jumped that high. He told me that lately most guns go up 5-6% a year minimum.

I might check out gunbroker, or the used market a bit first and see what I can find.

Thanks guys
Old 03-10-2012, 12:06 PM
Typical Buck

Yeah I am kicking myself for not making more purchases last year...as prices seem to be climbing at a faster pace then what I am use to. But hey, I am with RR on this...I won't tell if you won't. Now to find that Savage Model 10 FCP-K...shoulda bought it last year when I could find it for $725ish...LOL
Old 03-11-2012, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by cooper_m22
There is one more option the Ruger M77 Hawkeye sporter but there you cannot get the 7mm 08.

Ruger laminated stainless Compact in 7mm-08???
Old 03-12-2012, 10:50 AM
Spike

I'm currently shopping around for a 7mm08 for my son. We've narrowed it down to the Tikka T3 Hunter (don't think we can get in SS in US) and
Browning X Bolt. Ran across this one

http://www.gunsinternational.com/BRO...n_id=100208400

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.