Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
SKS Simonov (Russian) >

SKS Simonov (Russian)

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

SKS Simonov (Russian)

Old 03-05-2012, 08:37 PM
Spike

Default SKS Simonov (Russian)

Hey guys so, I just bought my first rifle!!! I'm still going to buy my xbolt stainless stalker but they are on back order in the city I live in and I need a plinker for now I got an SKS russian with 400rds for under 300$Canadian.

I like the look of the wooden stock but I want one of those fancy ones with piston grip adjustable stock and picatinny rail under the front so I can put a foregip/bi-pod and thats it. If anyone knows where I find a decent stock and rail mounted bi-pod/foregrip for a reasonable price in Canada I would really appreciate it.

Thanks - Jarret
Old 03-07-2012, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

For the $ you spent on it, if it is indeed a Russian rifle you got a steal.

If you meant that the rifle shoots a Russian round, ok. My guess is that the cost of your rifle means it is probably of Chinese manufacture, and that doesn't mean it's bad. If Chinese you stil got a good price depending on condition and matching #'s or not.

I have 3 Chinese rifles and all are quite good. There are some arsenals that did not turn out great weapons, but congrats on your purchase. They are very much a fun rifle for plinking. Even if you get a good deal on bulk ammo though it aint' exactly dirt cheap to shoot unless you start getting serious with a progressive loader. Once you start having fun letting loose 10 shots or more quickly, you'll be hooked.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:29 PM
Spike

Im already hooked and it is infact a sks russian it has the stamp and everything a ammo pouch the cleaning kit and military sling all the numbers on the gun match! it came with a brandnew bayonet. The year on the rifle says 1953 there was some damage to the stock but I found a tapco t6 stock for pretty cheap.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Post some photos when you get a chance. Good purchase.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:29 PM
Spike

The picture doesnt want to upload!?

Last edited by Jarrey12; 03-07-2012 at 08:37 PM.