Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Long list of wants >

Long list of wants

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Long list of wants

Old 02-26-2012, 12:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

My list, made years ago is pretty much finished. A couple more high hopes ones ($2000 each) remain. It's more quality not quantity for me yet I've been fortunate to be able to finish off my list and then some. Even then, if it's worth having, it's worth having something GOOD.

Howa Talon Varmiter .223
Neither for or against the Howas on their own but would certainly go with something more proven myself

Henry U.S. Survival rifle
Proven and for what it is, a decent choice

Remington Model 770
Not one I'd go with. Too many proven and positively reviewed models besides this one.

Mossberg 500 12g
Never been a fan of Mossberg but many like 'em, prob due to their price but to be...well, you get what you pay for.

S&W MP9 9mm
Good of a choice as many but I see target shooting and protection as two different areas that in my opinion, would be done with two different pistols.

For my wife

Remington 870 20g home protection clay shooting bird hunting

Taurus TCP .380

Now are these your choices for her or her own choices made on her own? To often the "man" pushes and prods their girl towards what they themselves want. Let her pick her gun(s)! For the home protection aspect, if there's to be his & hers ones, be best to have them be the same model so that commonality between them is there for the familiarity of handling. Certainly nothing wrong st all with the 870. While inexpensive, it's a looong proven model and the one all other pumps are compared to. I can't say I'd opt for a Taurus due to their sometimes spotty quality.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Sheridan
Nomercy,

Just to clarify; I agree that the US general population is soft & weak in comparison to other civilian populations around the world, but our "boyz" in the special forces ARE the toughest, most inteligent fighting force in the world !

I'm sure you agree......................
Absolutely! The American Armed Forces absolutely contribute to the US being one of the STRONGEST nations worldwide (like I mentioned in my first post), but unfortunately, our armed forces are a strong fenceline around an otherwise soft underbelly.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:07 PM
Typical Buck

You ain't seen mean until a bunch of Marines start looking for payback.