Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Browning SA-22 Scope Mounting Help >

Browning SA-22 Scope Mounting Help

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Browning SA-22 Scope Mounting Help

Old 02-23-2012, 01:36 PM
Spike

Default Browning SA-22 Scope Mounting Help

Hi,
I have a Browning SA-22. With the Browning scope base and a scope mounted on the rifle you are supposed to be able to remove the barrel with the scope leaving the scope zero intact.
With everything mounted on the rifle, I am not able to remove the barrel. The scope base does not allow the barrel to properly align when twisted the requisite 1/4 turn. The barrel ends up slightly cocked and will not come off. The scope/base must be removed to allow removal of the barrel.
Contacting Browning, they say that the barrel cannot be removed with the scope mounted - contrary to the owner's manual. They also say that the nylon-tipped screw in the rear of the base is only to stabilize the scope. With this screw in contact with the receiver I am afraid that it will mar it when attempting to remove the barrel with the base/scope mounted.
Any thought and/or suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you.
JR97
Old 02-24-2012, 12:53 PM
Typical Buck

im trying to envision what you are saying, i have the norinco atd which is the clone of your gun, but on mine the scope base attaches to the barrel and it all goes on and comes off no problem. Try going to rimfirecentral and asking, thats a great forum for 22's and alot of those guys really know their stuff.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:50 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by scottycoyote
im trying to envision what you are saying, i have the norinco atd which is the clone of your gun, but on mine the scope base attaches to the barrel and it all goes on and comes off no problem. Try going to rimfirecentral and asking, thats a great forum for 22's and alot of those guys really know their stuff.
Thank you for your reply. As you suggested, I tried the other forum and got some good info on my problem. The most promising being that the barrel is too tight against the receiver and without any play it is hard to remove the scope mounted barrel.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:21 PM
Typical Buck

great, glad i could help