Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Gunbroker

Old 11-29-2011, 05:37 AM
Typical Buck

Question Gunbroker

I'm a newbie there though not to auctions in general, nor to the purchase and sale of firearms.
Recently I've found 2 rifles I'd like to purchase but have received no replies at all from the seller to my direct questions regarding the items, specifically bore condition.

Purchasing sight-unseen seems unwise especially if the seller is not forthcoming with information.

Anyone here have experience purchasing from Gunbroker?
Old 11-29-2011, 06:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 3seasons
I'm a newbie there though not to auctions in general, nor to the purchase and sale of firearms.
Recently I've found 2 rifles I'd like to purchase but have received no replies at all from the seller to my direct questions regarding the items, specifically bore condition.

Purchasing sight-unseen seems unwise especially if the seller is not forthcoming with information.

Anyone here have experience purchasing from Gunbroker?
I have had excellent luck from Gunbroker but I have only bought guns that were described as "new in box."
Old 11-29-2011, 12:04 PM
Typical Buck

If the seller won't respond I would be ware. If a phone number is listed try calling. Some times the seller is a dealer or pawn shop and should be reachable by phone. Also look at the sellers history. If he has a lot of unhappy customers stay away.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:38 AM
Fork Horn

I purchased several guns off that site in the past, had no problems. One seller did not respond to my questions, so I crossed him off the list and looked elsewhere.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:43 AM
Spike

I just purchased a thompson venture 25-06 rifle from Gunbroker.com

I knew nothing about online gun sales and was trying to buy the gun mentioned above brand new from the manufacturer. Little did I know that Thompson Center arms was in the process of merging with Smith & Wesson and had halted production of their newest model Venture lineup, which happened to include the 25-06 2011 model. This merger made the rifle almost impossible to find actually "IN-STOCK" somewhere. When I called Thompson (now known as Smith & Wesson) they refeered me to Gunbroker.com directly.

If a major firearms manufacturer like Smith & Wesson refeers it's customer's to the site, then it's probably a good site.

As for the actual seller that your not getting a reply fro,... same rules as ebay... I always send a message to them through the site, before bidding and if they dont reply "same day" I don't bid. Plain and simple if they don't, thier customer service sucks and I move on to someone else.

They person I bought my rifle from on that site never took longer than 15 minutes to reply to any of my site messages during business hours. I intend to use that site for my next purchase.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:30 AM
Typical Buck

I bought 2 different muzzleloaders on gunbroker that had undisclosed flaws (rusted bore), both times the sellers made good and took the guns back and gave a refund, I've had 2 bad experiances buying from AuctionArms.com, one a muzzleloader with a horibly rusted bore that the seller refused to take back, the other was a shotgun the seller a gun dealer had listed the shotgun that he didn't have in stock.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:05 PM
Fork Horn

I've bought a number of guns on gunbroker. Only one issue and that was taken care of quickly by the seller
Old 11-30-2011, 04:46 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the replies. I own/operate a business so my own focus is customer service. In this day & age I feel 24 hrs to reply is actually more than sufficient via email,text,etc. Normally, I get back to my customers within an hour thanks to the electronic leash-cell phone.
Same thing when I'm selling via ebay,CL, wantads,etc.
It's a shame because one of the rifles I'd like to purchase is a collectible & they ain't makin' no more. I've owned, purchased and sold firearms for 30 years now; it's irritating that a seller would ignore a ready,willing&able buyer-makes no sense to me.
Apparently the gal "selling" it would prefer to simply re-list endlessly...
Old 12-05-2011, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Major Woods
I purchased several guns off that site in the past, had no problems. One seller did not respond to my questions, so I crossed him off the list and looked elsewhere.
Exactly!!!!
Old 12-05-2011, 01:15 PM
Fork Horn

I purchased a rifle from a private guy a couple years ago. I had asked ? about the rifle before the auction ended and the guy didn't represent the rifle as asked. When the rifle showed up it had 2 stress cracks in the comb,and had asked about them specifically,he said there was none. It was a Rem 7600. It also was full of sunflower seeds in the receiver. Called the guy up and he wouldn't do any thing to make it right,he put the blame on UPS saying it was cracked during shipping. I gave him a bad reveiw and someone else gave him one also. He had only 5 auctions on the site. I think that GB may have band him from the site. Lesson learned

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.