Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
know anything about this shotgun? >

know anything about this shotgun?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

know anything about this shotgun?

Old 11-19-2011, 06:58 PM
Typical Buck

Default know anything about this shotgun?

My pap just gave me two more shotguns today. He gave me a winchester model 1897, so now i have 2 of those, and a 12 gauge and a western field 12 gauge pump. They are both in shooting condition and were cleaned and shot today. I don't know much of anything about western field. It didn't say much else. it looks pretty cool IMO and shoots well too. if anybody knows when they started making guns or how much they could be worth it would be appreciated. Can't wait to hand these down to my kids some day. here are some pics. (first 2 are of western field, last 3, win mod 1987)
Attached Thumbnails know anything about this shotgun?-img_0313.jpg   know anything about this shotgun?-img_9574.jpg   know anything about this shotgun?-img_1905.jpg   know anything about this shotgun?-img_2323.jpg   know anything about this shotgun?-img_6262.jpg  

Old 11-20-2011, 04:40 AM
Fork Horn

I don't know much about shotguns but I believe the western field was marketed by the Montgomery wards stores. it is my understanding several manufactures suppled Wards. I would think by using the serial number, you might get some info as to when it was made, by whom, & maybe its value. Good Luck Doc
Old 11-20-2011, 05:35 AM
Fork Horn

Check here, i used this site to get the age of my post 64, model 70.

http://oldguns.net/sn_php/winmods.htm
Old 11-20-2011, 11:01 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by stapher1
Check here, i used this site to get the age of my post 64, model 70.

http://oldguns.net/sn_php/winmods.htm
thanks! the win mod 1897 i just did. its from 1903