Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Browning X-Bolt vs Winchester Model 70 >

Browning X-Bolt vs Winchester Model 70

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Browning X-Bolt vs Winchester Model 70

Old 11-16-2011, 02:56 PM
Fork Horn

Wife's Xbolt shoots good, never measured accuracy, but its in the MOA ballpark without alot of tweaking. My most accurate gun is a model 70, built at the original plant. Ive shot ragged hole groups at 200yds with it. All depends on finding the sweet load for it, and tuning your skills.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:29 AM
Spike

I like the a-bolt/x-bolts as well. The limited bolt handle swing doesn't try to mash my fingers up against the scope when reloading. I also like that I don't have to disengage the safety when loading/unloading (with the little button on top). Accuracy is just as good as the A-bolts I've shot for years and years now. Small and lightweight too.

I'm a fan of those little plastic detachable mags. Sure beats carrying around noisey shells in my pocket and I don't have to worry about feeding rounds out of a hinge mag. I just throw it in my pocket. Just makes it easier for me.

My $.02...
Old 11-23-2011, 05:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Both are really nice but IMO the new Winchesters are my top choice.I've had a love affair with the Featherweight for as long as I can remember.If I had the green I'd buy it today.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:07 AM
Typical Buck

My X-Bolt and I did well this gun deer season. After two seasons, my X-Bolt and I are 3 for 0 vs bucks. We had an excellent season together.

One of the things I love about my X-Bolt is the 60 degree throw angle which makes it faster to work the action, and it doesn't hit my scope. The action is quick and easy to work. It was a bit stiff at first, but I've got it worn in and now it's smooth.

The detachable mag is nice. I have two spares for mine. I carry two loaded magazines with me into the woods. They are lightwaight, quiet, and have been reliable so far.