Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
xl7 sticky bolt >

xl7 sticky bolt

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

xl7 sticky bolt

Old 10-11-2011, 04:02 PM
Typical Buck

Default xl7 sticky bolt

i have an xl7 in .270, and i have had it for about 3-4 years i think. shoots like a champ but there is one problem i cant solve. The bolt isnt smooth, i know you get what you pay for but ejecting is fine, it just sticks after i grab another round and doesnt go up that ramp into the chamber smoothly. i shoot rem core lokt 150 gr. if anyone can help me out that would be appreciated.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:22 PM
Fork Horn

i am taking a guess its a internal mag?it has to be a prob with the mag follower
Old 10-13-2011, 04:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Does the bolt actually get stuck, or does it just seem harder to slide than it should? Cycle the action with and without ammo. If you still have the problem without ammo, can you see what the bolt may be hanging up on?
Old 10-13-2011, 03:19 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by UncleNorby
Does the bolt actually get stuck, or does it just seem harder to slide than it should? Cycle the action with and without ammo. If you still have the problem without ammo, can you see what the bolt may be hanging up on?
harder to slide. i dont have any rounds right now. with out a round its smooth. its smooth until the bullet goes up the ramp to get in the chamber. sorry i dont know how to explain it better as of now
Old 10-14-2011, 04:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

So you feel the bullet is at too much of an angle, and it is binding?

Has the gun done this all the time, or has there been a recent change? Could always have someone look at it, but some bolt actions are made to be worked hard and fast.
Old 10-14-2011, 04:59 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by UncleNorby
So you feel the bullet is at too much of an angle, and it is binding?

Has the gun done this all the time, or has there been a recent change? Could always have someone look at it, but some bolt actions are made to be worked hard and fast.
has always done this. i am a confident enough shooter though that im not going to need to rack that second round in in a split second. it may also be because i am using 150 gr and for .270 they come in round nose bullets, instead of pointed. that may also be why they are catching up on the ramp. thanks for the input