Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Remington 7600 scope mount issues?? >

Remington 7600 scope mount issues??

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Old 09-24-2011, 05:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default Remington 7600 scope mount issues??

I finally got to take my new Remington 7600 Carbine 30-06 Spr. to the range to sight it in today. It shot great groups, bullet holes touching at 25 and 50 yards. However it shot 3 inches low at 25 yards and about 7 inches low at 50 yards with the elevation on my scope all the way up. The windage was perfect. I didn't even bother wasting ammo to shoot at 100 yards, which is where I'm going to zero it. I took everything apart to make sure everything was correct. I reassembled it and got the same results.

This is my set up-
Remington 7600 Carbine 30-06 Spr. (as mentioned above).
Leupold VX-II 2-7x33mm Scope.
Redfield one piece Mount (dovetail front, windage screws rear).
Leupold low Rings.

I was told I could use the Leupold Rings on the Redfield Mount, I'm having second thoughts on that now. All my other scoped guns have Leupold Mounts and Rings. One has a two piece mount all the rest have one piece mounts. I've never had any problems with any of them. I had a Redfield one piece Mount with Redfield Rings (dovetail front, windage screws rear) on my Winchester model 88 that I traded for my new 7600 Carbine. I didn't have any problems with the model 88 mount or rings.

So, should I get Redfield Rings to put on my Redfield Mount? Or should I get a Leupold Mount to use with my Leupold Rings? Are the dovetail front, windage screws rear Redfield Mounts and Rings supposed to be interchangeable with Leupold Mounts and Rings?

Thanks in advance, NYH1!