Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Fusion slugs ? >

Fusion slugs ?

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Fusion slugs ?

Old 08-14-2011, 11:34 AM
Spike

Default Fusion slugs ?

How well do these nice cheap Fusion 20ga slugs shoot ? I love the price but I can't find reviews for the life of me. I know I could buy a few boxes and find out myself, but I rather try something already tested. The Rem Buckhammers look good for me too. I'll shoot cheap for my first couple seasons w/ new rifled barrel 870 20ga and later go up to SST's or something similar.
Thanks for any help.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:53 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by BaldguyLee
How well do these nice cheap Fusion 20ga slugs shoot ? I love the price but I can't find reviews for the life of me. I know I could buy a few boxes and find out myself, but I rather try something already tested. The Rem Buckhammers look good for me too. I'll shoot cheap for my first couple seasons w/ new rifled barrel 870 20ga and later go up to SST's or something similar.
Thanks for any help.
With a rifled barrel you Don't want to use slugs., they are for smoth bore barrels.
You want to use sabots, they are for rifled barrels.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

How well do these nice cheap Fusion 20ga slugs shoot ?
Unfortunately the only way to find out if they will shoot for you is to shoot them.

With a rifled barrel you Don't want to use slugs., they are for smoth bore barrels.
You want to use sabots, they are for rifled barrels.
The term "slug" refers to the projectile.

The term "sabot" refers to the plastic piece that holds the projectile.

There are plenty of full bore (non sabot) diameter slugs out there that are ment to be used with rifled barrels.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:51 AM
Spike

I tryed the fusion 20ga sabot shells this last weeked.
Five (3) shot goups out of each shotgun.
H&R Ultra 20ga with a Busnell 3-9 scope 1 1/2" - 2" groups at 100yds using a benchrest.
Mossberg 500 20ga with a Busnell 3-9 scope 1 1/2"-2 1/2" groups at 100yds using a benchrest.