Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Gun Parts Storage Question? >

Gun Parts Storage Question?

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Gun Parts Storage Question?

Old 07-10-2011, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Gun Parts Storage Question?

I'm looking for ideas on how to store some of my accessories and gun parts and thought I'd see what everyone else is using. Obviously I keep all of my guns in safes, but I have rings, bases, triggers, stocks, barrels, holsters, sights, scopes, etc etc scattered among boxes and drawers all over my office/gun room, in the safe, around my workshop, etc etc.

I picked up a few tacklebox type trays for rings and bases, but now I just have a pile of trays on top of one of my safes, and that doesn't solve my problem with extra stocks, barrels, holsters, etc.

So, what are you guys using to store your accessories in a somewhat "organized" fashion?
Old 07-10-2011, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

making sure you have drying crystals or somethin similar, dont want all this to rust and corrode.
for me i put it all in the safe as well..its like a gun locker/cabinet for me, everything is together. i aint sure what i'd do if i ran outta room...i guess build a lil "not gun, but gun parts" cabinet next to the safe, or an organized bench just for working on em with ample bens and drawers. maybe its time to get a craftsman tool box fer it all?
Old 07-10-2011, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use those plastic storage trays with the moveable dividers. can be situated to fit various sized parts and stacked as there's one for different types of parts. One for 10/22 parts, one for rings & mounts & sights, one for Ruger revolver parts. Do need another for parts for stuff other than Ruger still. All stack nicely under my gun room desk.