Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
encore barrel contours >

encore barrel contours

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

encore barrel contours

Old 06-14-2011, 05:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default encore barrel contours

i am thinking about buying a centerfire barrel for my encore but ive heard tc makes 2 different contours. mainly i ask this beause i wonder if i were to buy a pro hunter barrel, would it work on a stanard walnut forearm? i really dont like the looks or the cheap feel of plastic so the pro hunter forearm is out of the picture but id still like the extra weight of the pro hunter barrel.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:20 PM
Fork Horn

The parts on both encores are interchangable, so it's whatever you want to make it. You can even send your encore back to them and have it upgraded to the swing hammer. The heavy barrel for the pro-hunter are a heavier contour than the heavy encore barrel. The heavier barrel isn't bad at all, it balances it almost perfectly making it a awesome offhand shooting rifle.