Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Scope Problem Please Help! >

Scope Problem Please Help!

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Scope Problem Please Help!

Old 08-01-2003, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Scope Problem Please Help!

I just got my Remington 700 Sendero 25.06 in today and when i went to put my scope on it it doesn' t fit. I am using Leupold 2 piece rings and bases that i took off of a Remington Model 700 ADL and the scope is a Leupold 3.5x10x50. I know i have the rings and bases installed right but when i set the scope in the rings the tube is to short by about a 1/4" and the scope is sitting up in the back and won' t set flush in the rings. Is there a certain kind of rings and bases for this gun or do i have to have a longer scope. I sure don' t won' t to have to go out and by another scope. What' s up with this? Thank You!
Old 08-01-2003, 06:58 PM

Default RE: Scope Problem Please Help!

Go to ww.leupold.com...they have a scope selector page. Enter your specifics and they will tell you what bases/rings. It has been my experience that every new rifle requires new bases/rings. The combinations are many and you will probably need new rings/bases.
Old 08-01-2003, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

You will probably need offset rings. Look at that page that yl said, or talk to a local shop if you cant figure it out for sure. OR...I' ll take that worthless scope off your hands cheap [:-]
Old 08-01-2003, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Found out i need either a one piece base or off set rings. Thanks for the replies!
Old 08-01-2003, 09:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

They are called Extended Rings not offset.I' m sure the gun shop would know what you meant. You can order bases and Rings from Shooter Supply houses and save $$$$$$$. Check www.midsouthshooterssupply.com
www.natchezss.com www.cheaperthandirt.com www.midwayusa.com for starters.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 08-01-2003, 11:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

They also make a rev. base that will give you more room to mount the scope and not require extended rings . The extended rings for leupold run from $47-67.00 .the rev. base runs around $24. It still might not give you what you need but it worked on a new rifle I just scope mounted
Old 08-02-2003, 09:26 AM

is your problem front to back distance too short for the length of the scope or the 50mm dia of the scope sitting on the barrel? depending on the gun,you may need high mount rings to allow clearance between barrel and scope.if front to back distance is the problem,you will probably need different bases that have adjustments forwards or back to fit the length of your scope.all advice given previously should help you zero in on a solution.WORD OF CAUTION make sure you can see daylight between barrel and scope at front end!
Old 08-02-2003, 07:55 PM

I have the exact same gun with a 4x12x50 Swarovski and it fit fine with regular ole' Leupold rings and base. I' m not sure of your problem, you may need the offset rings the others are talking about.