Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
30 round 22mag pistol? >

30 round 22mag pistol?

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

30 round 22mag pistol?

Old 04-09-2011, 05:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default 30 round 22mag pistol?

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=385757

kinda cool I think.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

kinda cool, but for backpacking? who are they kidding? what are you going to use that on? squirrels?

unless just for the 2 legged kind...but really how effective is a 22mag for that?
Old 04-09-2011, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah youd only get about a lil better than 22lr perf. anyway but not bad when you consider the 30 rd capacity, I wouldnt wanna get hit 30X w/ any round. I think its just a basic survival type gimmick but its still pretty cool, for 450$ id buy it.
Old 04-09-2011, 04:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

Good luck getting your hands on one. They have been "out" for over a year now and they have been plagued with one problem after the other. From meeting production to the functioning of the gun itself.

I have had several orders for these guns for people for several months now and still haven't seen the first one show up.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:09 PM
Spike

if it is the same pistol i read about it is a kel-tec if it is like my p3at made by them ive had two one had firing problems an my other shoots like a beast. but back to the 22 mag i think it would be good for squirels if it was accurate enough but nothing else it would a blast to play with at the range
Old 04-24-2011, 05:33 AM
Fork Horn

I shot my first antelope with a 243 @ 300yards in CO. In 2009 I shot my antelope at 327 yards, last year I used my 300wsm to shoot my bear at 138 yards on the run, my elk at 366 yards. Last year's antelope I shot at 257 Weatherby at 284 yards.
So for me it is choosing the caliber that I feel is appropriate and practicing with it. I couldn't get closer to the above mentioned game, when I can I do.
I think there are more people with opinions than those who actually are hunting and shooting. I wont take my 243 on my 3 bear hunts this year, or my elk hunt but if someone does so be it.