Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Help on value/info >

Help on value/info

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Help on value/info

Old 04-07-2011, 06:15 PM
Fork Horn

Default Help on value/info

I did some gun tradeing today and i got a rifle im not sure about. Its a 6.5x55 sweedish mauser it has a matt staneless barrel and action. On the barrel it says sporterized by kimber. I dont know if its the kimber or another kimber. It has a tasco scope(cheap i know) i allowd 100 on it whats it worth? Also any information is appreciated thanks
Old 04-08-2011, 05:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

You made a good deal/trade. It's worth $100.00 all day long. I believe it was converted by Kimber after they closed their doors as "Kimber of Oregon" and before they moved the re-badged "Kimber of America" to Yonkers NY.

They converted the military rifles to sporters by slapping on a ramline stock, a low-scope safety, drilled and tapped them for scope mounts, and they had them available in the original 6.5 X 55, in 7mm/08, and in .308 if I remember correctly. Wish I would have bought one when I had my FFL. don't know if they rebarrelled the ones they sold as 6.5 X 55 or just refinished them. Obviously the 7mm/08's and thtr .308's were rebarrels.

About the only thing you might want to do now (other than upgrading the glass) would be to swap out the trigger. I think they left the military trigger's on but worked on them a bit. Adding a Timney would make it quite the shooter, probably.