Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Japan? Browning? Weatherby Vanguard? >

Japan? Browning? Weatherby Vanguard?

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Japan? Browning? Weatherby Vanguard?

Old 03-16-2011, 08:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Japan? Browning? Weatherby Vanguard?

Anyone have any idea how close browning/weatherby rifle plants are in relation to these power plants that are melting down?

a bit off topic, but honda/toyota? are all honda/toyota sold in the US manufactured in the US? how close if not are these plants to the meltdowns?
Old 03-17-2011, 04:46 AM
Fork Horn

The company that makes browning firearms I believe is in the southern part of the country, far from the worst of the disaster, the rest of the companies I do not know. I would not be surprised however, that they will be affected by fuel and power shortages for a while, and if this nuclear mess gets much worse, then who knows what will happen. As far as japanese auto makers, a huge amount of their cars are made here now. Honda has a plant NW of Columbus, Oh, for example. They do have some parts that come from Japan, and some of the smaller japanese car makes still are built there.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:20 PM
Typical Buck

Toyota has 25 manufacturing plants around the world, several here in the US such as Kentucky, Indiana, Texas, Mississippi. Here in the US we do get certain models from Japan and Canada. With that said about 15% of parts needed for building new vehicles still come from Japan. With what has happened recently, Toyota has pulled the throttle back a bit some with production to make sure the parts supply doesnt run out here in the states.

Last edited by doubleA; 03-17-2011 at 09:23 PM.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:52 AM
Fork Horn

G.M. plant in Shreveport La announced yesterday they will close due to lack of parts. The had full they get from Japan are now running out. Nissan announced that they will begin scanning cars for radiation. If they do not get this under control it will affect many areas!
Old 03-18-2011, 05:20 AM
Fork Horn

Default Howa

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Miroku Corporation)
Jump to: navigation, search
Miroku Corp
Founded February 1893
Headquarters Nankoku, Japan
Products Shotguns, Rifles
Revenue 3,907.4 million[1]
Operating income 229.4 million[2]
Net income 169 million[3]
Employees 551[4]
Website http://www.miroku-jp.com
Miroku Corporation (株式会社ミロク, Miroku Kabushiki Kaisha?) (OSE: 7983) is a Japanese manufacturer located in Nangoku, Kochi Prefecture, Japan. A large part of their business is manufacturing firearms, including shotguns produced for Browning Arms Company. In the UK and European markets those products are sold under both the Miroku and Browning brand names.

As I understand it, Howa makes the Vanguard for Weatherby. They also make rifles under their own name.

From Wikipedia:

"Civilian RiflesHowa has produced a long line of civilian hunting and target practice rifles in a range of calibers. Howa manufactures components for other firearm companies such as Mossberg and Weatherby.

Howa M1500 Bolt action rifle in sporting, varmint and heavy barrel configurations. Howa rifles are available in the U.S. from Legacy Sports International.[5]

Headquarters Kiyosu, Aichi, Japan

Divisions-Chunichi Transportation Co., Ltd., Hoyu Co., Ltd., Hoen Co., Ltd., H.O. ENGINEERING CO., LTD., HOWA MACHINERY SINGAPORE PTE LTD."

Last edited by Big Bullets; 03-23-2011 at 10:28 AM.
Old 03-18-2011, 05:24 AM
Fork Horn

I had a guy tell me kiyosu plant is down. But there is no reason it would be, its far south from the center disaster zone. In fact, its a few hundred miles from Tokyo.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:31 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Big Bullets
As I understand it, Howa makes the Vanguard for Browning. They also make rifles under their own name.

From Wikipedia:

"Civilian RiflesHowa has produced a long line of civilian hunting and target practice rifles in a range of calibers. Howa manufactures components for other firearm companies such as Mossberg and Weatherby.

Howa M1500 Bolt action rifle in sporting, varmint and heavy barrel configurations. Howa rifles are available in the U.S. from Legacy Sports International.[5]

Headquarters Kiyosu, Aichi, Japan

Divisions-Chunichi Transportation Co., Ltd., Hoyu Co., Ltd., Hoen Co., Ltd., H.O. ENGINEERING CO., LTD., HOWA MACHINERY SINGAPORE PTE LTD."
Might want to edit your post, Howa makes the Vanguard for Weatherby. Another company in Japan makes the firearms for Browning
Old 03-18-2011, 04:59 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BCRules
I had a guy tell me kiyosu plant is down. But there is no reason it would be, its far south from the center disaster zone. In fact, its a few hundred miles from Tokyo.
In a disaster like this it is customary for most companies to shut down in a region to have their employees assist in the immediate disaster recovery. It's human nature to want to help, at least for most of us it is.

Huge portions of the south were temporarily shut down after Katrina as well.

The percentage of people affected in Japan by the disaster is probably 100%. They have some massive humanitarian work to do within their borders. I would expect shortages of supplies from there for quite a while.

I do wish the Japanese people the best of luck re-building from this disaster. It makes the carnage of Katrina seem like nothing.
Old 03-18-2011, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

There's a Big Parts Manufacturing Plant in Perryville MO. TG-USA that makes all kinds of parts for misc Toyota's like steering wheels,air bags,plastic trim,plastic cups holders and so on.I'm thinking they make several parts for possibly other makes of Foreign made Cars also?There are several Japanese Bosses,Managers,Workers etc that have Family that were affected by the Earth Quakes in Japan...the Mayor has been checking with some that have worked there before and had time off to go back and visit their Families and have contacted several that are OK and others that are in need of help...plus many from Japan are still here and have loved ones that probably are in need of help there?Not a good situation to be in.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:26 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Sfury
In a disaster like this it is customary for most companies to shut down in a region to have their employees assist in the immediate disaster recovery. It's human nature to want to help, at least for most of us it is.

Huge portions of the south were temporarily shut down after Katrina as well.

The percentage of people affected in Japan by the disaster is probably 100%. They have some massive humanitarian work to do within their borders. I would expect shortages of supplies from there for quite a while.

I do wish the Japanese people the best of luck re-building from this disaster. It makes the carnage of Katrina seem like nothing.
Just talked to some folks I know there in the south. Sounds like business as usual down there. He said everyone in his wife's family is accounted for. Everyone is trying to make it to work, despite the gas outages.