Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
ok try once shame on you try twice well shame on you >

ok try once shame on you try twice well shame on you

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

ok try once shame on you try twice well shame on you

Old 03-07-2011, 06:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default ok try once shame on you try twice well shame on you

The other day my dad and I went out for dinner, me with my 45 on my belt. Do to a issue with an employee having a warrant on himself, I dropped my dad off at the jail to see what it was all about.

They would not tell us, I think meth and he has been in it before. God you can not find good help. Well when I dropped him off I went down the road and by our house, I did not want to sit in the lot of the jail with a gun strapped to me and was unsure if it was even legal.

I went down the ally behind our house and stopped honestly to take a piss. I walk around the truck and see someone standing by the back of our house, I drew my glock and walked around to go up the side of the house, the ran and being a big guy I was not chasing them, by the time I got around front they were gone. Checked the house all doors and windows were locked and they were. Went back to pick up my dad and we head home, this time coming around the front into the drive way, we see someone in the same spot again , We got out and I unstrapped my glock did not draw it, and walked around, again they ran.

The only thing I can figure is who ever it was, was trying to get in the exterior basement door, which is a true steel door and padlocked

Still unsure of who it was, but seemed odd, when we went in we walked the house, nothing stolen, no sign of entry. Sadly I have a list as long as my arm of who it could be, but just makes me wonder how stupid you could be to go after the same house twice when you were already ran off.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sit in the bushes and wait on them. Chances are they are after something you have and they want. If you see them just rack a 12 gauge and see how fast they can run. I would notify the police so they can keep a watch.

Good luck.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

LOL, my guess is my 250 deer target(bow) my 4 oem premium jeep wheels, in the basement, the ladder sitting there, HArd ****ing telling, I know if they try and get the new 700 stereo just put in my jeep they will surly have a knife in their hand when I walk up on them, I told my cusion who stole my brothers stereo mine has an alerm I rigged to blow in the thefts face
Originally Posted by Ruger-Redhawk
Sit in the bushes and wait on them. Chances are they are after something you have and they want. If you see them just rack a 12 gauge and see how fast they can run. I would notify the police so they can keep a watch.

Good luck.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigtim6656
Well when I dropped him off I went down the road and by our house, I did not want to sit in the lot of the jail with a gun strapped to me and was unsure if it was even legal.
You have a gun, that you carry and don't even know if it's legal?
Do you know how stupid that statement looks by posting it in a "guns" forum?
Old 03-09-2011, 04:27 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Light the place up! By that I mean install a yardlight or even an motion detector yard light. That will help greatly!

JW
Old 03-09-2011, 04:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigtim6656
... but just makes me wonder how stupid you could be to go after the same house twice when you were already ran off.
Just a guess ... because they're looking for something?

Particularly if you've confronted them before, there's the distinct possibility that whatever it is they know or think that you have is so attractive to them that they'd be willing to confront you again.

It's one thing to present a potential thief with a target difficult enough that they'll simply choose another victim, it's altogether another to put so much candy in front of them that just invites them to forego the risk. If you own a Cadillac in a neighborhood of Kias, it's probably the Cadillac that'll be stolen.

Your greatest threat is now whether or not they know you're armed. If they do, and they decide that whatever it is they were looking for is worth the risk, things likely will not go well for you. Or worse, it'll be someone else in your house they know isn't armed that they'll target to gain access to what they want.

The best defense against property theft is not to invite it in the first place. Don't leave stuff out. Don't flaunt perceived wealth or advantage - and PARTICULARLY if it's so much greater than what everyone else in the neighborhood has that the thief picking another victim yields significantly less reward. Whatever you do, don't portray such an attractive target that whatever dollar figure they can hock your stuff for is greater than your life is worth to them.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by pnut
Lots of interesting laws out there that folks need to keep themselves aware of, especially when packing. For example, did you know that you're in violation of the law if you have a weapon in your vehicle when you drive through the post office parking lot to drop off your mail in the outside box, even if it's in a locked case in your trunk?

39 CFR 232.1
Title 39 - Postal Service
Chapter I - United States Postal Service
Subchapter D - Organization and Administration
Part 232 - Conduct on Postal Property
232.1 - Conduct on Postal Property.

Paragraph L

(l) Weapons and explosives. No person while on postal property may carry firearms, other dangerous or deadly weapons, or explosives, either openly or concealed, or store the same on postal property, except for official purposes.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:31 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by pnut
Penut you're the one sounding dumb here. He did the right thing by leaving when he wasn't sure. I'm guessing you have every single code in the book memorized though, so I won't give you a hard time.
-Jake
Old 03-09-2011, 05:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thats why I left, I knew the post office lot was a no go, and figured the jail lot was the same way. SO I dropped him off and told him I would swing around in a few minutes.
Originally Posted by Bocajnala
Penut you're the one sounding dumb here. He did the right thing by leaving when he wasn't sure. I'm guessing you have every single code in the book memorized though, so I won't give you a hard time.
-Jake
Old 03-09-2011, 05:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

you make a good point, normally our stuff is locked up nice and tight. With running a construction business out of the garage, working on a trailer, and preparing for a move to florida for a few months, stuff is getting moved around, and some stuff sat out side. My guess is someone was either trying to find a way in the basement, or looking at what was out for a return later. I will put the stuff up tomorrow. What has me worried, is the fact I had a new 700 stereo installed in my jeep two days ago, so someone walking around is going to be drawn to that. I have had to get out of the habit of leaving the keys in her unlocked now carrying my gun has done good on that, since when I go in a place where I can not carry it, I lock it in the console. SO I had already got in the habit locking it 100% of the time. I sleep 8 feet from where it sits in the drive way with a window between it in me, so I would hear someone breaking the glass.

Sucks when you have to worry about your stuff, in nov when I applied for my permit my mom and brother called my dad and I when we were out of town, they had walked in on someone in our house, who ran out the front door as they came in the side door.
Originally Posted by homers brother
Just a guess ... because they're looking for something?

Particularly if you've confronted them before, there's the distinct possibility that whatever it is they know or think that you have is so attractive to them that they'd be willing to confront you again.

It's one thing to present a potential thief with a target difficult enough that they'll simply choose another victim, it's altogether another to put so much candy in front of them that just invites them to forego the risk. If you own a Cadillac in a neighborhood of Kias, it's probably the Cadillac that'll be stolen.

Your greatest threat is now whether or not they know you're armed. If they do, and they decide that whatever it is they were looking for is worth the risk, things likely will not go well for you. Or worse, it'll be someone else in your house they know isn't armed that they'll target to gain access to what they want.

The best defense against property theft is not to invite it in the first place. Don't leave stuff out. Don't flaunt perceived wealth or advantage - and PARTICULARLY if it's so much greater than what everyone else in the neighborhood has that the thief picking another victim yields significantly less reward. Whatever you do, don't portray such an attractive target that whatever dollar figure they can hock your stuff for is greater than your life is worth to them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.