Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
idea for youth gun >

idea for youth gun

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

idea for youth gun

Old 03-02-2011, 04:43 AM
Fork Horn

Default idea for youth gun

opinions please!!!

let me run this idea past ya people...give me your Gods honest opinion!!

their mother (my daughter in law) has a 243...what make I'm not sure...here is my thought...she doesn't use it too much (once or twice to my knowledge)

take the girls into a gunshop...have them cut the stock down and add a Sims recoil pad...99% of the time they will be in a box blind/vehicle.....they could use for deer and also go coyote hunting with dad (my son) (he goes a lot...shot like 12 this year)...an adult rifle that is fairly heavy that could be cut down to "FIT" them...allreday sighted in...good scope on it.....heavier gun= less recoil with say 100 grn. bullet...with sims pad on the felt recoil would be very minimal...I'd flip the $ for this whole thing as I want them to enjoy shooting/hunting!!!

also If an adult wants to use it they can..kinda short like a mini 14...but doable...if they want a longer pulll as they grow simply purchase a new stock for it!!

am I thinking wrong here or is it a good idea???
Old 03-02-2011, 05:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like a great idea to me!
Old 03-02-2011, 07:51 AM
Fork Horn

Here is the ultimate solution, this will fit the smallest youth hunter and will adjust with them as they grow. I have one for my son in a 22 and it's the greatest thing on the market. The picture is for a remington short action but there are several different models available. The other plus is the kids think they look really cool. If you are interested i can take some measurements of the shortest LOP and the longest LOP when I get home this evening.