Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Sako A7 Tecomate?? >

Sako A7 Tecomate??

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Sako A7 Tecomate??

Old 02-26-2011, 02:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Sako A7 Tecomate??

http://www.berettausa.com/products/s...l/default.aspx

What do you guys think of the Sako A7 in general?

comes in 270wsm and 300wsm, the 270 has a 22.5" barrel, the 300 has a 24 3/8",

22.5" seems pretty short for a 270wsm.

What are your thoughts of the A7 in general? sako85 much better?

not sure what the accuracy guarantee of this A7 will be...what are they normally?

Is it controlled feed like the 85? What's the difference?

Thanks!
Old 02-26-2011, 07:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Proud owner of a Sako A7 Stainless in 7MM Rem Mag.

Smoothest bolt & best trigger (basic trigger job done & set at 3lbs.) of ANY of my other rifles !

I'll buy the Tecomate when they make them in classic cartridges.
Old 02-27-2011, 02:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by salukipv1
http://www.berettausa.com/products/s...l/default.aspx

What do you guys think of the Sako A7 in general?

comes in 270wsm and 300wsm, the 270 has a 22.5" barrel, the 300 has a 24 3/8",

22.5" seems pretty short for a 270wsm.

What are your thoughts of the A7 in general? sako85 much better?

not sure what the accuracy guarantee of this A7 will be...what are they normally?

Is it controlled feed like the 85? What's the difference?

Thanks!
I saw them listed at Euro Optics for a rather high price. Not worth it IMO. An 85 is definitely better. Btw, I understand the 85 is not a true CRF. It's kind of a hybrid that uses a push feed until the very end just before chambering...if that matters.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Never seen the Tecomate model but have handled several of the "standard" A7's. Liked the trigger and the smoothness of the bolt but the stock was a little bit of a let down....IMO. Looking at the price of the A7's now, makes me wish I had picked one up off of Gunbroker last year when they were $564.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't seem the Tecomate either. However a hunting buddy brought one A7 to moose camp this last season. I did manage to get to shoot the A7 in rhe .300 WSM. It's very accurate, in fact insanely accurate. But it kicked like a mule, The recoil pad is not very good it's like it's made from compressed truck tire. Not a big deal it is fixable. And the clip flexes apart and shells start popping out more than a few times when we where driving from spot to spot in the vehical. Again a pain in the ass but fixable by crimpmg the clip sides in, back at camp..It worked he's happy that's what counts. But I don't know if they have improved on this clip design yet.But overall this is a good rifle for the money. Extremely Accurate and the both is smooth. I don't like the barrel lengths offered, I think I would want something longer but it's a personal preference. In Canada where I live they are roughly 1100 bucks before taxes and the model 85's start at $1600.If I wanted a factory Sako, I don't know if
I would go this route knowing I would replace the pad and get a customn clip made, cause the cost would be the same as the 85. But that's me and my personal preference. There isn't a factory gun made that actually offerse everything I desire and prefer in a rifle so I settle for the one that is the most practical and leaves little expense in customnizing.It is a nice shooting rifle though as far as accuracy goes, I don't think the model 85 can improve
on that aspect at all, seriesly when it comes to accuracy it's insane.Litteraly hole on hole or touching hole. I only fired three rounds buddy fired three, but at 100 yrds bullet holes,were in the same hole and or touching eaching other.
With both of us shooting.

Last edited by Jeff Ovington; 02-27-2011 at 10:00 AM.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

the tecomate uses a bell & carleson stock....

not sure if it comes with a better recoil pad.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

not crazy about the plastic on the action....or the plastic trigger guard...

plastic magazine? I'm not sure I mind or not...
Old 02-27-2011, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by salukipv1
not crazy about the plastic on the action....or the plastic trigger guard...

plastic magazine? I'm not sure I mind or not...
Yeah, that plastic mag needs to done away with, but I do believe this polycarbonate helps contribute to it's accuracy. Metal expands and contracts huge. I work with Aluminum and when it's cut and drilled and machined at room temp,it can expand and contract quite a bit throwing our measurments off quite a bit when being site installed out in the extreme temp.We are using Polycarbinate more and more in the Curtain Wall Installation and Fabrication.It's strong when designed well, and does not expand or contract near as much. It looks cheep no question, I agree, they use it as a cost effective measure, but polycarbonate doesn't expand or contract like alot of metals either. It's a toss up. Like wood vs synthetic it's goona be polycarbonate and steel.Polycarbonate can't be used everywhere, but where it can be, it advantage will be it doesn't expand or contract or rust.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:11 PM
Fork Horn

The Sako 85 is far prettier and better made then the A7 IMHO. That's all I can comment on. I don't like a black bolt shroud on a stainless rifle either. Looks goofy.

The A7 has a good reputation for accuracy and the Tecomate version laminated stock is the only A7 I'd consider. The synthetic stock is ugly.

Last edited by warbirdlover; 02-28-2011 at 06:14 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by warbirdlover
The Sako 85 is far prettier and better made then the A7 IMHO. That's all I can comment on. I don't like a black bolt shroud on a stainless rifle either. Looks goofy.

The A7 has a good reputation for accuracy and the Tecomate version laminated stock is the only A7 I'd consider. The synthetic stock is ugly.
While I tend to agree with you on the looks of the A7's, looks are not the same for everyone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.