Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 here is the deal....rifle stock >

here is the deal....rifle stock

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

here is the deal....rifle stock

Old 07-28-2003, 09:47 AM

Default here is the deal....rifle stock

i have a new 77/22 magnum in walnut stock. My goal is to " accurize" it. I do not want to modify the original parts. I already have a volqaurtzen sear in it. Anyhow one of the first things that should be done to accurize a rifle is to free-float the barrel and bed the action. Since i do not want to mess with the origninal stock i want to get a replacment aftermarket stock. I really like some of the designs by richard' s stocks, but im afraid that althought the stock will be let for a 77/22mag, that it will be too big and only 4" of the barrel will stick out from it. does anyone have any expirience with richards and if they size them down for .22' s? Does anyone know where i can get a replacement stock for the 77/22 that will still keep the sporter look to it if richards won' t? thanks
-bob
Old 07-28-2003, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: here is the deal....rifle stock

http://www.rifle-stocks.com/actions_available.htm

Look on that page. Richard' s cuts 77/22 stocks. I can say from experience that they make a great stock.
Old 07-28-2003, 01:24 PM

thanks friz, but i knew they inletted the stocks for 77/22, but still am unsure of whether or not they scale down the stocks to fit the smaller .22 rifles. if they do not i will have a full size stock on a small action and it will look quite pecular.
-bob
Old 07-28-2003, 02:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am sure the stocks are made to fit. In other words you won' t have a 77 mk II stock inletted for a 77/22. If you are wondering give them a call. The nuber is on the site and they are quite helpful.