Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Purchased a Tikka T3 Lite 270 >

Purchased a Tikka T3 Lite 270

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Purchased a Tikka T3 Lite 270

Old 02-23-2011, 12:42 PM
Spike

Default Purchased a Tikka T3 Lite 270

Super excited I finally put my money down and purchased a Tikka T3 270! Counting down the days until I can pick it up from the store! Just very excited and thought I would share....was leaning toward the Savage 111 package bc of the price but was hesitant to buy something online for the simple fact that I could not touch it and see how it felt before buying...

Anyways since the Tikka didnt come with a scope (came with rings though) I need to start researching scopes....any thoughts? Planning on booking a hog hunt for the fall time, and the range I go to around here only has a 100 yard distance so I wouldnt need anything to take me beyond a couple hundred yards for a guided hog hunt I would think...

Last edited by largeli; 02-23-2011 at 12:44 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

3.5-10x44
4.5-14x44
Zeiss conquest

you can get that z600 reticle on the 3.5-10x which will match your .270 out to 600yds
Old 02-24-2011, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

There are many excellent scopes out there now...many great sales too. One thing for sure, I get rid of the crappy rings (with soft screws) supplied with the Tikka...they are junk. I'd get some Talley lightweights for the Tikka. Scope-wise, I'd recommend you go over to the OT forum at SWFA and read a lot. Scopes from Vortex (Vipers), Sightron (Big Sky), Bushy (Elites) and others as well as Zeiss Conquest and even some Leupy's will get the job done. Choices depends on hunting type, terrain, ranges, quarry, etc. (and of course, your budget). Good luck.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:24 PM
Spike

Good luck with the new gun..! Another choice for a one piece mount are the Dednutz they are like a rock.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:53 AM
Spike

The new Redfield scopes are very nice for the money. I've also had good luck with Bushnell Elites and Nikon Monarchs.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Do a little research from your computer;

Take a look here to see what your money can buy........

http://www.opticsplanet.net/riflescopes.html
Old 04-01-2011, 02:11 PM
Fork Horn

As said above, dump the Tikka rings, they are garbage. Burris FFII is a hard scope to beat for the money.
Old 04-01-2011, 04:22 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats on the new rifle. Last year i bought. Tikka T3 lite in 30-06 and havent looked back. There great guns light weight super accurate and smooth. You couldn of made a better choice.i put a 3-9-40 Nikon prostaf on mine and i love it that sope has traveld the country and i havent had one bit of trouble. Cabelas had emon sale if your interested
Old 04-01-2011, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bugsNbows
One thing for sure, I get rid of the crappy rings (with soft screws) supplied with the Tikka...they are junk. I'd get some Talley lightweights for the Tikka.
X2

Scope wise, I use nothing other than Leupold. I know there are other comparable scopes out there, in terms of quality, but, there is no company that has stood the test of time in terms of warranty/guarantee like they have.

That being said, if I was to get anything other than a Leupold, it was be a Zeiss Conquest. I would go the 3X9X40 route, though, no matter what. Just my preference....especially seeing as that you don't want to shoot any over a couple hundred yards.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

In my experience i've owned nikon,bushnell,redfield and weaver.All of the scopes were fine. The only one i had a problem with was a low end bushnell which the company repaired free of charge and in a timely manner. That scope was also over 10yrs. old