Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Ithaca Model 37 Turkeyslayer Help >

Ithaca Model 37 Turkeyslayer Help

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Ithaca Model 37 Turkeyslayer Help

Old 01-30-2011, 02:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default Ithaca Model 37 Turkeyslayer Help

I picked this up at a gun show over the weekend. But it's not your typical turkeyslayer model.

It has an adjustable pistol grip stock, by removing the butt pad screws you remove spacers to shorten the stock length. This is the original stock as it has Ithaca Turkey Slayer on the pistol grip.

It's in break-up camo, with a matching red dot scope, and an extra full comp-n-choke. The scope looks like it came with the gun.

I cant find anything on this model of turkeyslayer. I was told it might be a Turkeyslayer II that was a limited production, but I cant find any pictures to verify.

Anybody familiar with the Turkeyslayer II and does this sound like what I picked up?

Also if your familiar with this model any feedback?

Last edited by racksnbeards; 01-30-2011 at 02:19 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't but maybe you could contact http://www.ithacagun.com/. They should know if anyone should.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:08 AM
Dominant Buck

http://www.ithacagun.com/turkeyslayer.html
Old 01-31-2011, 08:47 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Rebel Hog
That's not the shotgun Rebel... not even close. As I pointed out it has several different features then the regular TurkeySlayer.

Thanks for the link though.

I'll give Ithaca a call and see what they can tell me.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:30 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by racksnbeards
That's not the shotgun Rebel... not even close. As I pointed out it has several different features then the regular TurkeySlayer.

Thanks for the link though.

I'll give Ithaca a call and see what they can tell me.
When you say Adjustable Pistol Grip stock, is it like an M4 style stock?
Old 02-01-2011, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

It sounds like you have the Turkeyslayer model that came with the optional Choate stock. If you can post pics it should be fairly easy to identify.

If this is the case you should have a backbored barrel, and your comp n choke (if from the factory) should be a .665. I cannot remember off hand who they got the red dot from.

If you dont mind my asking where did you find it?
Old 02-01-2011, 01:29 PM
Fork Horn

Hurricane,

I believe you know the model, that is the stock, choke, and barrel. Was this an option that came with the shotgun? Or is this another model of Turkeyslayer? Below is a picture.

I was told that it could be a TurkeySlayer II Guide Series, that was limited produced in 05.

I found it at a gun show here in Iowa. I seen a 20 guage Turkeyslayer at a show a couple weeks ago. My son really wanted me to pick it up and I didn't. So when we went to a show this past weekend we seen this gun and picked it up.

Old 02-02-2011, 06:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

That should be a standard Turkeyslayer decked out with options...sort of like their current camo, or synthetic, or thumbhole options.

It looks good, a real good find.

Do you remember who was selling the 20ga? I have been trying to find one for a reasonable price for a few years now, and keep coming up short.....as it stands now I would probably trade my 12ga Turkeyslayer just to get one!
Old 02-02-2011, 07:19 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Hurricanespg
That should be a standard Turkeyslayer decked out with options...sort of like their current camo, or synthetic, or thumbhole options.

It looks good, a real good find.

Do you remember who was selling the 20ga? I have been trying to find one for a reasonable price for a few years now, and keep coming up short.....as it stands now I would probably trade my 12ga Turkeyslayer just to get one!
hurricane,

I'll be hitting a couple of shows in the coming weeks (including the same place that had the 20). I didn't see the guy at the last show, but if I see him at the upcoming shows I will get his details for you.

Thanks for all your help with this shotgun.

If you dont mind me asking what do you consider a reasonable price for these shotguns?
Old 02-02-2011, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by racksnbeards
hurricane,

I'll be hitting a couple of shows in the coming weeks (including the same place that had the 20). I didn't see the guy at the last show, but if I see him at the upcoming shows I will get his details for you.

Thanks for all your help with this shotgun.

If you dont mind me asking what do you consider a reasonable price for these shotguns?

Thanks I appreciate the help!
In the case of a camo turkeyslayer I would consider (dependant on condition) anything around $300-$500 reasonable. In the case of your gun a bit more considering all of its options.