Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 smith and wesson 500 --WOW-- >

smith and wesson 500 --WOW--

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

smith and wesson 500 --WOW--

Old 07-24-2003, 08:23 PM

Default smith and wesson 500 --WOW--

Anybody seen or have one of these babies? a buddy of mine just paid out about 1000 bucks for one. i don' t know how much but it was not far from that. anyway i have not shot it yet but he shot it five times the other day and the palm of his hand still has a bruise on it. the round is about 3 inches at least and is one hunk of lead. at a hundred yards he said that is about equal in ft/lbs to something between a 30-6 and a 30-30 this thing is awsome
Old 07-24-2003, 11:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: smith and wesson 500 --WOW--

I would sure like getting my hands on one!!
Old 07-25-2003, 05:23 PM
Typical Buck

yeah , i saw one , when i picked up my .350 mag. , that shell is huge , about the size of my thumb but , when the shop owner tested it he said that S&W didn' t do a good job of balancing it as when loaded he said it was muzzle heavy ,
and the guy said he paid about $800.00 for it
Old 07-25-2003, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks but I' ll stick with my itty bitty 454 Casull. You don' t need a co-signer for Casull ammunition or the gun itself.If someone besides S&W were to make one I might consider it.But not from a company who sold us out.Let' s not forget S&W' s agreement with the Clinton Adminstration. You guessed it I' m still fighting the Civil War LOL.I don' t forget my enemies.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 07-25-2003, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was just reading a few days ago that the .50 S&W has even more energy than a .30-6 with its heavier loads

Ruger-Redhawk- Its past time to being down on S&W. The management that sold out to the clintoons was based in great britain. A new company has bought out S&W since then who has committed the company to upholding the Constitution, as S&W always has up until those foreign idiots decided to side with the American bolsheviks.
Old 07-25-2003, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Briman, It sure didn' t take long to get a response.I know what you are saying and I repect that. I haven' t seen where the new owners have done anything to get out of that agreement.G.W.B isn' t concerned with their agreement and won' t enforce it. What if God forbid we get another Clinton in office?They' ll go right after it if it' s not disassembled while we have a mostly pro gun president.I at one time was a big fan of S&W' s.I guess I live under the Fool me once shame on you, Fool me twice shame on me.Until I' m proven differently S&W no longer exists.Yes I still own some Smith' s but they were bought long before the sell out..Allot of this has calmed down, but as far as I' m concerned hasn' t blown over.Kmart is another one on my list of don' t buys.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 07-26-2003, 05:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Briman.....thank you for the kind words for Smith and Wesson....it' s high time they rejoin the American shooting fraternity!!
Old 07-26-2003, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Briman & Vapodog, I' m sure in time I' ll soften up on S&W and this issue. I' m sure the new owners are on our side which I' m grateful for. What' s bothering me is what are they doing to get out of this agreement ?Are they going to keep it on the books so it can be reopened again?I don' t blame the new owners of course for this agreement.I' m not saying I won' t buy another Smith somewhere down the road. You guys may not agree with my opinion which you' re entitled to your opinions. I' ve worked long and hard over the years to protect my gun rights.When a company messes (putting it nicely)with my freedoms,they become my enemy. The Late Bill Ruger did things I didn' t agree with but nothing can compare to what S&W did. Colt on the other hand hasn' t done much for the gun owners. They' ve pretty much stopped all sales for the civilian market.........Right or wrong that' s my feelings.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 07-26-2003, 11:28 AM

Ruger I' m with ya' . Until S&W tears that agreement up into a 1,000,000 little pieces it' s still there. Once a Demorat gets back in office S&W and fans might be surprised to find out that it will be enforced.
Old 07-26-2003, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

TScott, Thanks, I' m glad someone sees it the way I do.That agreement means nothing but trouble in the future if it' s not taken completely off the books.This is the lull before the storm.I know if I was lucky enough to buy S&W ,the first thing I would have done is get that agreement off the books.I' m afraid it' s going to bite S&W in the butt. It' s funny how people forget things like this.I might forget allot of things but when it comes to my Guns,Rights and Freedoms,I forget nothing.
Ruger Redhawk

Quick Reply: smith and wesson 500 --WOW--

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.