Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
good by Remington >

good by Remington

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

good by Remington

Old 02-01-2011, 07:04 PM
  #21  
Giant Nontypical
 
jeepkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ****ifornia
Posts: 5,052
Default

They all suck, buy a Sako if you want a quality rifle!!

btw...DODGE is better too!!
jeepkid is offline  
Old 02-01-2011, 07:29 PM
  #22  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,519
Default

Originally Posted by fritz1
Yeah, Remington sure messed up Marlin. LOL. How do you explain the X-7 ?, It is considered to be one of the most accurate production rifles out and wasnt made till after Remington aquired Marlin.
Actually it was supposedly designed while Marlin was still on their own.

That being said I agree with the OP. I see no reason to buy a Remington as every advantage to them, some other company has done better. That toppled with the fact that Remington seems to have a lot of quality issues with their newer products.

However, I've learned that on this forum you don't insult Remington or Leupold, as no matter what else is better, guys on this forum don't like to admit it and will argue forever that you are wrong or don't know what you are talking about if you don't like a Remington and top it with a Leupold scope.
hometheaterman is offline  
Old 02-01-2011, 07:39 PM
  #23  
Nontypical Buck
 
fritz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Idaho
Posts: 1,081
Default

Originally Posted by hometheaterman
Actually it was supposedly designed while Marlin was still on their own.
It may have been designed then, but is now being built by Marlin who is owned by Remington, who people are claiming have poor quality control. LOL!! As I said Remington is the best thing to happen to Marlin, when was the last time Marlin was known for there accuracy?
fritz1 is offline  
Old 02-01-2011, 08:08 PM
  #24  
Nontypical Buck
 
DeerandbearhoG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orange county, NY
Posts: 2,949
Default

Originally Posted by hometheaterman
Actually it was supposedly designed while Marlin was still on their own.
actually its pretty much a savage clone, but who cares anyway, its a 300$ rifle! its like a walmart snow shovel, use till it breaks, toss it and buy a real gun.
That being said I agree with the OP. I see no reason to buy a Remington
Yeah the zillion who have bought them are all idiots right?
However, I've learned that on this forum you don't insult Remington or Leupold, as no matter what else is better,
Wheres that rule? Paaleez, people bash everything here, especially remington, I couldnt care less if everyone in the world hates every gun I own.
guys on this forum don't like to admit it and will argue forever that you are wrong or don't know what you are talking about if you don't like a Remington and top it with a Leupold scope.
You mean like this?good by Remington-user120764_pic1720_1261072982.jpg whats not to like?
DeerandbearhoG is offline  
Old 02-01-2011, 08:53 PM
  #25  
Fork Horn
 
stapher1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Slippery Rock, Pa.
Posts: 393
Default

Originally Posted by bigcountryextreme
I have
The bottom line is, 700 action is legendary. If you pull all other parts off, you still have a great action.
+1...Out of all these "better" guns out there, the Remmy 700 is still used by US military snipers. And the most copied action for custom or competition actions on the market. Of which use the factory floorplate and tiggers and stocks and bases and stocks.
stapher1 is offline  
Old 02-02-2011, 08:28 AM
  #26  
Nontypical Buck
 
Big Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: West NE
Posts: 1,455
Default

Some people won't like Remington...so what? You won't see me go out and buy an A-bolt or a Winchester 70 or a Tikka or Sako or.........
Big Z is offline  
Old 02-02-2011, 09:39 AM
  #27  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,329
Default

Fritz,

Read up on the subject. Saying that Remington is the best thing to happen to Marlin is like cancer is a good thing to happen to ????????.

http://www.marlinowners.com/forums/i...ard,179.0.html

Just search around on google you'll find lots more.

My favorite is the Guide gun in blue that came with a stainless steel safety button. Almost like a pimped out ear ring or something.

My Pre-2008 Marlin Guide Gun is a true Marlin made by skilled tradesmen and women who took pride in what they made.

Ya'll can keep your Remington rifles. They are very adequate if not good guns. I just know that for my money I'm going to get more than Remington has to offer.

The argument that they're amazing because the 700 action is the platform for custom rifles and benchrest shooters doesn't hold water. So just leave that one at home. It's about cost. Not about quality. It's also a function of cost that there are so many aftermarket parts makers for the Remington action. More actions out there more potential to sell parts. Simple economics.

Anyhow a custom based on the Remington action doesn't have one stinkin Remington thing left in it by the time it's done. Other than the exterior of the action and even that usually gets a make over.

Tom

Last edited by JW; 02-02-2011 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Post was reported as offensive so it was edited slightly
statjunk is offline  
Old 02-02-2011, 09:46 AM
  #28  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,329
Default

I haven't read through these in a while. Here's an intesting one where they put the recoil lug on backwards.

http://www.marlinowners.com/forums/i...c,83362.0.html

Fritz,

There are even pretty little pictures for you to take a look at. Actually a lot of them include pictures.

Tom
statjunk is offline  
Old 02-02-2011, 10:51 AM
  #29  
Nontypical Buck
 
Big Uncle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,780
Default

Originally Posted by hometheaterman
However, I've learned that on this forum you don't insult Remington or Leupold, as no matter what else is better, guys on this forum...

Everyone has the right to their opinions, but a few on here don't consider others when they type insulting content in their anonymous posts. I doubt that they would be as willing to insult another hunters equipment face-to-face in a remote hunting camp.

Usually this type of post originates from someone that is "absolutely certain".
Big Uncle is offline  
Old 02-02-2011, 11:18 AM
  #30  
Nontypical Buck
 
Centaur 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Titusville Florida
Posts: 1,727
Default

The problem doesn't lie with Remington, Marlin or any of their designs, but rather with the parent company that owns both of them as well as Bushmaster and DPMS. The true craftsmen who used their extensive knowledge of the product to build a quality gun, were all let go. Manufacturing was moved to a new location and now laborers are used to assemble the guns, and quotas have to be met in order to keep their jobs. This business model might work with other products where it's acceptable to have a certain percentage of returned items that don't work properly. The problem is that we're talking about a gun that's expected to contain an extremely high pressure controlled explosion while the bullet is propelled down the barrel. Gun manufacturing is serious business, they're not building blenders or fish tanks, they're building something that is right next to your face while it's experiencing over 55,000 psi of pressure. I'm a Marlin lever action fanatic and I'll be buying used guns in the future.
Centaur 1 is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.