Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Model 94 question >

Model 94 question

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Model 94 question

Old 01-28-2011, 06:33 AM
Typical Buck

Default Model 94 question

I just picked up another Model 94 and I know it's an older one but I don't know where to go to find out exactly how old.

It is a 22 Mag. It does not have the cross bolt safety or the lever/grip safety. It does not say XTR, AE or anything of the such on the barrel like my other ones. Simply Winchester 9422 WMR. I know it's not really old and I really don't believe it's a Pre-64. My guess is late 70s or 80's maybe. Just curious!!

Any thoughts? Or sites where I could give the serial # and get an age?
Old 01-28-2011, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

You don't have a Model 94. They were never produced in any .22 RF model. What you have is a Model 9422. My 24th edition of Blue Book of Gun Values, which is more than a few years old, indicates they were introduced in 1972, and may still be in production. I'm not sure due to my book not being current. A good place to get info on it would be at www.rimfirecentral.com. The people on that site are courteous and helpful, and would be happy to help you out. Simply sign up, and join in..... I think they even have a site that deals just with that particular gun.