Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

22wmr

Old 01-13-2011, 09:08 PM
Fork Horn

Cool 22wmr

I use to have a 22 mag but sold it because I never could understand it's balistics but I really liked the gun and power of the round and want to buy another but before I do I want to see if anybody could give me some information. Say I zero it at 100 yards where will it hit up close like say 25 50 and 75 yards. Also at what range dose it reach it's peak of trajectory? And where should I zero it. Thanks for any info I know it's alot but I'm wanting to find out before I get another one
Old 01-14-2011, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

There are many bullets available in the .22 Win Mag. I use the CCI 40 grain HP and (according to CCI) it shoots hi at 25 yards .1", high at 50 yards of .9" and high at 75 yards at .9" and 0.0 at 100 yards.

I'm guessing the hi point is about 65 yards and about 1" high there.

If one wants to confine himself to 100 yard shooting he might want to sight in at .5" low at 100 yards.....making the high point .5" high....this is pretty darn good for a rimfire. The bullet never more than 1/2" from line of sight all the way to 100 yards!

Now just make sure you get a gun that shoots accurate enough to make use of this trajectory.