Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Ruger No. 1 in .303 British >

Ruger No. 1 in .303 British

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Ruger No. 1 in .303 British

Old 12-30-2010, 04:45 AM
Fork Horn

I've owned four no 1's, the 45-70, 30-06 and one of the two .204's were accurate, the other .204 was so-so. People at the range kept buying them from me so now I am presently ordering another for hog hunting down south. The 30-06 was one of the best guns I've ever owned and sick that I let it go--a friend who bought one of the two .204's says it's the most accurate varmint rifle he owns. They are very strong, well made and sharp looking plus easy to carry with a fool-proof action, get one, you'll like it--I would go for the 06, but that's just my opinion, the .270 would also be an excellent choice---John
Old 12-30-2010, 04:53 AM
Fork Horn

I forgot to mention, all my guns are scoped and when putting a scope on a number one, order the rear offset ring from Ruger that matches the height of the set of rings that come with it so that you can move the scope back a little more. Each new number one comes with a set of factory rings, but they don't allow quite enough aft movement to get the right eye relief. The Ruger rings are conveiniently numbered so that it's very easy to order the correct off-set for the rear and they have them in blue or stainless--enjoy---John
Old 12-30-2010, 05:55 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by jhilde
I forgot to mention, all my guns are scoped and when putting a scope on a number one, order the rear offset ring from Ruger that matches the height of the set of rings that come with it so that you can move the scope back a little more. Each new number one comes with a set of factory rings, but they don't allow quite enough aft movement to get the right eye relief. The Ruger rings are conveiniently numbered so that it's very easy to order the correct off-set for the rear and they have them in blue or stainless--enjoy---John
Thanks! Good info!