Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Airgun pistols . . .? >

Airgun pistols . . .?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Airgun pistols . . .?

Old 12-17-2010, 12:09 PM
Banned

Default Airgun pistols . . .?

I'm looking for an airpistol that is reliable, accurate, and will shoot both pellets and BB's in .17.
A bonus would be a "replica" style. Size is somewhat a factor. I don't want a large target range type pistol.
I'd prefer CO2 vs pump.
I just returned a Baretta PX4 made by Umarex because it failed to shoot after maybe 20 shots.
So don't suggest that one. Gives you an idea of what I'm looking for.

Last edited by dig4gold; 12-17-2010 at 04:25 PM.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just an FYI on pellet guns in general. A 'rifled' barrel pellet gun generally is not made of very hard material. If you choose to shoot BBs out of it you will shoot the rifling out pretty quick. Soft lead pellets you could shoot indefinitely....BBs not so much.

I have a Crossman 1377 which I bought about 30 years ago. It is pretty accurate and shoots decent. I did replace all the seals in it and tightened it up a bit. It is a pump and it shoot 450-480 fps depending on pellet thru my chrono.
Old 12-17-2010, 02:34 PM
Spike

If you can get your hands on an old CO2 Crosman Mark II, they shot both pellets and BB's and may be the best pistol ever manufactured in Crosman history. It was a German Luger replica and was one hefty chunk of metal. Crosman doesn't make replacement seals for them anymore but, if needed, they can be obtained from specialty vendors.