Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
I have to have this gun!!! >

I have to have this gun!!!

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

I have to have this gun!!!

Old 10-01-2010, 07:33 PM
Spike

its looking like im gunna hafta just buy the 30 06. and get it rebarelled...now im second guesing myseld as to if its worth it or not...$400 is allot of money, how long does it take to get a rifle rebarrled????
Old 10-01-2010, 07:51 PM
Fork Horn

You can find barrels cheaper around 100 but idk how much a gunsmith will charge you to do it. I rebarreld a 243 to 308 one time paid 45 bucks for the barrel and had a buddy of mine whoes a gunsmith install it and he didn't charge me but if you don't know a gunsmith then i don't know how much it'd cost
Old 10-01-2010, 07:53 PM
Fork Horn

It only thake 30 mins or less to take the old barrel off and put the new on but it'd depend how long the gunsmiths waiting list is
Old 10-02-2010, 03:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Let's see...stopped making them 14 years ago and yet you're all flustered 'cause you can't find a brand new one... ??? Someone didn't do their homework. Now, that being said...I do believe there was a special run made more recently that went to Grice Wholesale who does a bit of special runs stuff with Remington. I'd start by contacting them.

http://www.gricegunshop.com/
Old 10-02-2010, 03:07 PM
Super Moderator

As m,entioned several times I just looked at gunbroker and there's a few on there.
-Jake
Old 10-02-2010, 04:24 PM
Banned

I think that what the problem here is - is that people are used to everything being handed to them.
In a cell phone world, where anything that you want or need is only a telephone call away, they refuse to go 10 steps out of their way to find what they are looking for.

Grice Wholesale is the largest outlet for Remington guns in the USA - and as Maine Shooter has said, if you really are looking for one - the people to call is Grice. They had some on stock a while back.

The gun you really want is the one off Gun Broker in 760 Game Master.
Those are the guns which had the best accuracy, not the 7600.

I had an opportunity to buy one a long time ago when they were new, but where I came from, money was always tight and I didn't buy it.

I had a second chance to buy a 7600 with the white laminate stock and didn't buy it - same reason.

I don't believe that it was offered in a plain jane version with just a synthetic stock - to my best recollections. The stock is sold seperate and I believe that it sold for between $79 and $109 depending on when you bought it.

It's been a while since I saw a synthetic stock for sale there for the 760 or the 7600. Most people in Pennsylvania likes the High Gloss RKW stock from the days when Dupont owned Remington.
Old 10-02-2010, 05:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

call the guy you sold it to and offer to buy it back, maybe he doesn't like it/want it.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:35 PM
Spike

umm i was just asking advise on how to get one...obviously because i diddnt know where to start looking. But good thing you are so intelligent in this department so thanks for your help, but your life story wasnt needed.
Old 10-03-2010, 03:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by carpentera5
umm i was just asking advise on how to get one...obviously because i diddnt know where to start looking. But good thing you are so intelligent in this department so thanks for your help, but your life story wasnt needed.

You didn't know where to look for a brand new gun that hasn't been made in years and you're tossing out sarcasm about others intelligence.

Originally Posted by carpentera5
$400 is allot of money, how long does it take to get a rifle rebarrled????
Only a lot of $ if what you get for it isn't worth what you paid. If you don't want the gun bad enough, then yes, it's a lot. All relative.
Depending on who does the work and their workload rebarreling could take a few days or a year. Not rocket science but some gunsmiths take more care and time with their work than others. You'll pay for that extra attention and it'll take longer. Now, will that extra attention to detail be worth the cost? Again, it all depends on what is desired as an end result - a tossed together project or one that's carefully done with the added attention.
Must be intelligent to know this huh?
Old 10-03-2010, 05:54 AM
Fork Horn

Don't believe it would cost that much to rebbl. one. Everything should fit as is if you start with an 06 basis. That way you would wind up with the bbl length you want. Course, if short, just cut it off, but very hard to add on. Probably find one who could recut it to calibre.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.