Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 What gun do I own? >

What gun do I own?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

What gun do I own?

Old 07-10-2003, 08:39 AM

Default What gun do I own?

My father bought me a 12ga pump back when I was 14 (long time ago) and for some reason or another, I pretty much put the gun up and forgot about it for a few years. Took it out to shoot it and something broke. I believe a spring or two of somesort has snapped and I didn' t have the money to repair at the time so back in the safe it went. Present day, I have been wanting a turkey/smooth bore deer gun and remembered my old pump. Since I received it, it has a worn a 28" barrel with one of those god awful poly chokes on the end. My thought is to just buy a new barrel like a 24" barrel with interchangeble choke tubes and use it as needed for whatever animal. My problem is I don' t know what brand of shotgun it is. This is what the gun says:

Ted Williams Model 200 12ga 3" cham
Sears and Roebuck Company (followed by serial numbers)

I obviously know it was a name brand gun made for the Sears sports equip line of Ted Williams products but what Gun do I own? Can' t buy a new barrel without knowing that now can I? I appreciate your help.
Old 07-10-2003, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What gun do I own?

Chances are it is a Winchester 1200,...longshot might be that it is a Mossberg G4.

I' d bet on the Winchester. Any decent gunsmith will tell you ... and should be able to let you know if a factory replacement for the Winchester will fit your " Ted Williams" shotgun.
Old 07-10-2003, 08:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What gun do I own?

This is probably it:

http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976359005.htm

Most likely a Model 200 (same as a 1200)
Winchester also made a Ted Williams Bolt action centerfire I think also sold thru Sears.