Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Which pistol to buy?

Old 09-09-2010, 06:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Lucky,

You made me laugh LOL !!!!!!!

That's a Larry wannabee..............you know that.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

What is it about a striker fired pistol that you don't like?

BTW, it's not a DA pistol. A DA pistol is ****ed and fired by the pulling of the trigger. The Ruger LCP and hammerless revolvers like the S&W 642 are double action pistols.

It is closer to a single action only though it isn't a true single action pistol being as that you can't manually **** and let down the hammer because there isn't one.

It's its own classification of single action striker fired.

That's a Larry wannabee..............you know that.
He must be Larry's twin brother. He likes to make himself seem all knowledgeable with out ever posting anything relevant or meaningful.

Last edited by bigbulls; 09-09-2010 at 07:00 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:32 PM
Typical Buck

Big bulls is right. Its a cross between single and double. There really isn't a classifcation for the XD to be honest. All i know is its a great pistol that you won't be disappointed with.

The Smith MP9 appears to be a nice gun too, however the trigger is about 50lbs. (exaggerating of course) but its stiff.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

There is no double action to the XD. None what so ever.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:48 PM
Typical Buck

S&W M&P's have a reputation of internal components failing.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:00 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bigbulls
What is it about a striker fired pistol that you don't like?

BTW, it's not a DA pistol. A DA pistol is ****ed and fired by the pulling of the trigger. The Ruger LCP and hammerless revolvers like the S&W 642 are double action pistols.

It is closer to a single action only though it isn't a true single action pistol being as that you can't manually **** and let down the hammer because there isn't one.

It's its own classification of single action striker fired.

He must be Larry's twin brother. He likes to make himself seem all knowledgeable with out ever posting anything relevant or meaningful.
Thanks for the explanation.

I thought a DA was having to fire the weapon with the hammer forward having to pull it back with the pull of the trigger making it heavier and slower before it struck and SA being the hammer was already ****ed back before firing the weapon for a lighter/faster trigger pull. At least, that's what we are taught in the military firing the M9 service pistol. Is there even a hammer on the XDM?

Last edited by Recon Ron; 09-10-2010 at 08:05 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:02 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by semi
Big bulls is right. Its a cross between single and double. There really isn't a classifcation for the XD to be honest. All i know is its a great pistol that you won't be disappointed with.

The Smith MP9 appears to be a nice gun too, however the trigger is about 50lbs. (exaggerating of course) but its stiff.
Yep, something tells me you're right and I'm probably over thinking it just a bit.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:20 PM
Typical Buck

Glocks, XD's and others like them are usually striker fired. No, they do not have the traditional hammer. Some striker fired are partially ****ed when the slide is racked.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:13 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by country1
Glocks, XD's and others like them are usually striker fired. No, they do not have the traditional hammer. Some striker fired are partially ****ed when the slide is racked.
Good deal! I can hardly wait to try one out now.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:26 PM
Fork Horn

9mm aint gonna do much,is it for home defense or what?checkout sig sauer and springfield armory unless ya want the 9mm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.