Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Rock Island 1911's... >

Rock Island 1911's...

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Rock Island 1911's...

Old 06-05-2010, 10:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Rock Island 1911's...

Anyone have any experience with them? Shot one a couple days and and it shot great, cheap too...
Old 06-08-2010, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Was it the "tactical version" or normal one. I know a lot of folks buy them to build off of. 1911 parts are abundant so they buy the cheapest Rock Island version they can get and put the performance parts on them.

You can goto ar15.com and look under the 1911 tab, I have seen info on them over there. centerfiresystems.com usually have them for some good prices.

I havent personally handled one before but I have a few Colt Gold Match slides/barrels I've been looking to put onto something. So I may purchase one just so those parts arent sitting in a box.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

It was the regular one .45acp. I'd buy a 9mm full size version...if only people would pay their bills to me then I might be able to buy one!!