Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Shotgun Value >

Shotgun Value

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Shotgun Value

Old 05-19-2010, 05:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Shotgun Value

Hello, I'm not a gun collector by any means. Just a hunter. I was given a old single shot 12ga, becasue the owner didn't want it in their house anymore. They viewed it as a worthless object in there home. I didn't think much of it. I was looking it over, and see its a Harrison & Richard Arms single shot 12ga, with a thumb lever breech. It has a date on it of May 14 1901. I was shocked that the gun was that old has it appears in good shape for its age. No rust, stocks pretty nice.
So I'm asking if anyone of you collectors can give me a idea of its value. I've looked online for free gun value searches, with no luck. I believe I did find its the first year this model was made. Feel free to Pm me if want. I'd appreciate any help.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just sold one,H&R single shot 12 ga. in fair condition for $80.00. They don't sell for much,sorry...
Old 05-19-2010, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I appreciate the info. Would like a actual book value on it though. I've read gun market is down right now too. If its not worth alot, plan to hang it on my camp wall as antique display. I pretty much figured its not, but just want to be sure before hung it up on a wall.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

$80 sounds more than fair for that. You might could get $120. However, I wouldn't expect much if any more than that. Look on Gunbroker and see what they are selling for. Not what they list for as many list guns for crazy high prices then don't sell them. The gun market doesn't seem to be down in this area. Used guns seem to still be selling for good prices. I don't have a blue book but I'm sure someone does and can give you a price. I've found them to not be very accurate in the real world though. Usually they are on the low side.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know what the one you have is like since you don't list a model number or pictures. However, here is an old one on Gun Broker that's for sale with a BIN price of $95
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=169702922
Old 05-19-2010, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Home, thats identical to what this one looks like. Same type print on side. Much appreciated to all for your knowledge. I really have no clue on gun values beyond what I buy myself for hunting from a shop. I'll be hanging it on my camp wall as a antique show piece.
Old 05-19-2010, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

My 2003 gun traders digest lists the various H&R topper models in good condition around 70-90$
Old 05-19-2010, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah old single shots like this often are great guns to have and fun for what they are. Unfortunately, they don't seem to be worth a lot. It's a great gun to have to just shoot and have fun with though. Even something you can pass down to kids or grand kids. Or do like you plan and hang it up on the wall.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

this forum should be able to give you some history and value. http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/index.php?board=132.0