Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Need help choosing new caliber >

Need help choosing new caliber

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Need help choosing new caliber

Old 05-18-2010, 07:37 AM
Fork Horn

I also think 308. Whatever you decide you wont be sorry with the x bolt, I love mine and i havent even shot it yet. Im going to be shooting it in a couple days i'll let you know how it shoots. Its a 7mm mag ss stalker.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:07 PM
Fork Horn

Sometimes you just get something because you want it and there is nothing wrong with that. Iv'e had a Remington LSS and a Weatherby Vanguard, both in .300 WSM and they were both very accurate and would reach way out there. Can't beat those short action magnums--Also, to me, the recoil was nothing compared to the 7MM mag which in my opinion, kicks like a mule. Your choice in rifles is comendable also, I have an A-bolt Medallion in .204 and it's by far one of the best rifles Iv'e ever owned, so I say go for it, get the X-bolt in .300 short mag, it'll do anything you ask of it with standard factory ammo without a problem and if you ever get the chance to go after something really heavy you'll already have the gun for it---John
Old 05-18-2010, 08:35 PM
Spike

Thanks for the advise i greatly appreciate it. Im headed tommorow to go pick it up. Iv decided on the 300 wsm, but i spoke to the guy at the gun store and he told me for like $90 more on the hunter i can take the medallion. So tommorow il check them out s which one i like more.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

The older Medallion's were nice. However the one I had was the one with the real shiny(polished) bolt cover. It was too shiny for my liking. When the sun was out it stood out like a sore thumb. I do not know if the new ones have that shiny cover, but that was the only thing I did not like about it. But either will make you one fine rifle. Good luck with that. Tom.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

I own a Stainless Stalker in .338 Win and wish all my rifles were this well made.

You'll never need a flatter shooting magnum than a 7MM rem mag.(mine is a Sako A7).

I find no need for short mags IMO. (sorry)

Most importantly - All the best if you picked yours up already !!!

Last edited by Sheridan; 05-19-2010 at 10:43 AM.