Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
I brought Elsie home today. >

I brought Elsie home today.

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

I brought Elsie home today.

Old 05-13-2010, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I brought Elsie home today.

I called the shop that was supposed to get an order of Ruger LCP's with chrome slides in this week. Bad news, they're on backorder and the distributer has no idea when he'll get more of them in. So I started calling around, Bass Pro has several in OD green for $339, but I'm not a fan of green guns. Gander Mountain carries the blued ones for $349, and the chromed ones for $399. Not expecting much, I decided to call up a small pro shop at the local shooting range. I fully expected him to say that they were out of stock, and if he had them that the price would be high. To my surprise he not only had one, but he was only asking $305 for it. Needless to say, I was there in less than ten minutes and fifteen minutes later I was introducing Elsie to her new home, inside a Galco pocket holster, inside of my right front pocket. It appears that Elsie and I have a long and happy relationship ahead of us.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Glad you found what you were looking for. I have a standard LCP that was 273.00. I haven't had a chance to fire it yet. All reports on it have been positive.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good on you Centaur. Sounds like Lady Luck was on your side.