Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
savage 110 30-06 Springfield or the marlin XL7 >

savage 110 30-06 Springfield or the marlin XL7

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

savage 110 30-06 Springfield or the marlin XL7

Old 05-16-2010, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Both seem to be great rifles. For some reason I prefer the Savages just because of the stock. That's not saying the stock on the Savages is great as they aren't. They are flimsy in the fore end. However, I don't like the cheek piece on the Marlins. They honestly seem to close I'd go with whichever one fit you better which for me seems to be the Savages. IMO one of the best deals out there is the $400 package for the Savage 110 at Walmart with the sling, accu trigger, and a cheap Simmons scope that will get you by until you get a better scope. The Marlins seem to be low $300's in this area but that's no scope, no sling, etc. So they are slightly cheaper but less stuff with them. Just depends on what you want. Both seem to be great rifles.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:49 PM
Typical Buck

Just wanted to mention that the new savages are supplied with the Accustock. I handled one in a local shop and the forends on the Accustock are rock solid. The biggest weakness of the savages were the stocks IMHO, but now it is their biggest strength for a gun in that price range. Check out this video link.

http://www.accutrigger.com/accuracy/accustock/