Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
MY AR15 build cost >

MY AR15 build cost

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

MY AR15 build cost

Old 04-02-2010, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default MY AR15 build cost

I needed a NY legal ar (no flash hider, bayo lug, colapsible stock) not as easy to find as you might think, guns and parts are becomeing scarce again, most affordable stuff is on back order everywhere. heres what I was able to get ,and total cost. came out to about 100$ less than any gun like it on gunbroker, including transfer. I have some parts now, I should have the rest next week.

-stripped lower from delaware machining + transfer 140$
- a2 stock & 5rd mag midway 79$ shipped
- DPMS upper and 16" bull brl 297$ shipped on gunbroker
-BCG,charge handle, and lower parts kit 231$ shipped(doublestar)

747$ total
not too bad I guess. what do you guys think, am I missing anything?
Old 04-02-2010, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

While I think your build is fine and I think that you're doing it on the cheap. I think for a couple of hundred more you can buy a relatively tricked out factory gun that someone wants to get rid of. Around here I run into lots of them. If you want me to help you out let me know.

Tom
Old 04-02-2010, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by statjunk
While I think your build is fine and I think that you're doing it on the cheap. I think for a couple of hundred more you can buy a relatively tricked out factory gun that someone wants to get rid of. Around here I run into lots of them. If you want me to help you out let me know.

Tom
thanks tom, very nice of you to offer to help. this will be my 1st "black rifle" so Im sure itll fill my modest needs, which will consist of plinking and hopfully some close range varminting. I would love to get a 450 bushmaster upper someday.