Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Taurus "Judge" >

Taurus "Judge"

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Taurus "Judge"

Old 04-08-2010, 01:23 PM
Typical Buck

I had one, and gave it to my Mom to use when she had to live on her own. When I first bought it I had to send it back to have the cylinder realigned because it was hanging when shooting the 45s.. Took about a month to get it back, but it worked fine after that.. For an up close in home defense or from you car using 410 number 4's it is wicked or as a snake gun it would be fine..I wouldn't use it with the 45s as a defense gun though.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:06 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by mauser06
i honestly do not understand why so many find that thing appealing...

its not good at anything other than maybe fun on the range...

concealed carry?? come on..better off using it as a club IMO...patterns cannot be impressive past a few feet...

and i cant see 45LCs being accurate as they got the long cylinder to bounce around through then get slammed into the rifling...

shot and buckshot cant pattern great due to the rifling...

the size and bulk even on the smallest versions is bigger than your typical 38 or 357 suitable for concealed carry....

i just dont get it...but tons of guys are interested in them...and some even actually like them!?!?!

to each their own i guess...i just have no use for that thing...other than maybe a paper weight...
Originally Posted by Daveboone
My observation is that the Judge appeals to folks who have minimal experience with actual practical hand gun experience. It isnt built for anything at all other than the testosterone appeal. For CC there are minimally dozens of much better arms in the same or better cartridges, much more compact. Any of them can fire birdshot rounds for snakes. Take your pick of .45 caliber weapons that will be much more compact with the same # of rounds, and much lighter with a longer bbbl. taking the space of the outsized cylinder. It is totally inappropriate for hunting, and simply way too heavy for CCW. Sure, somone may for a day or two in the field, but once they pack a 4"or so bbl single action .357 or whatever, they would never go back If you have owned a S&W, Colt, Ruger, Beretta, etc. and then picked up a Taurus, you will quickly understand the diff. in quality.
I couldn't say it better, And I will never understand the attraction. as with any job, you need the right tool and whether it be Home Protection or CC, this is not the right tool. Doc
Old 04-09-2010, 06:39 AM
Banned

What a friggin joke. I watched a guy at a gun show trade in a Marlin Guide gun for one of those. If you look up piece of crap in the dictionary, there will be a picture of that gun.

Had the pleasure of seeing an azzhole trying to hit skeet on station #7...